Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mild Audio Concussion From St James Boiler Room

St James Boiler Room Drinks Outing:

Just came back from a social drinking gathering with my VIP friends at Boiler Room at St James Power Station.

The music is punishing for my sensitive ears so I am like half-deaf from the outing, smelling of Chivas and vodka and slightly dazed from the spotlights, noise and body-crunching.

Sacrifices like these are necessary in my life - attend such events to see and be seen, to experience and be experienced but it's still punishing for one's health. Still, it was an enjoyable outing.

That is one of the reasons why there is an age limit to places like those - if you are too young, you may not have the discipline to know when and how much is enough.

There is still some problems uploading two of the photos that I have taken so I think I will just describe some of the highlights of that outing on last Friday night.

We were trying to finish one of the VIP friends' liquor - vodka and Chivas and we spent a good half of the outing playing the 猜拳 guessing game, having a lot of fun sabotaging one another. The game became increasingly difficult to concentrate as the liquor started to kick in and we actually increased the difficulty by disallowing anyone playing from pointing at the losers or risk drinking with the losers as well.

One of the VIP friends played a naughty prank by asking a very beautiful waitress to sell some tequila shot drinks to me and being the good sport and not wanting the beautiful waitress to keep persuading, I caved in for one of those really hard-knocking stuff. It was really powerful but thankfully I finished in one mouthful as the group desired.

The main highlight was the cross-dressing act by some of the resident entertainers and the jokes went really wild, sparking laughter and applause throughout the dark audience area as everyone crowded to watch. Three members of the audience were struggling to keep up with the extremely quick-witted entertainers and were made to do some dances and stage acts to please the crowd before they could be released back.

The Counseling Session For The Confused M60:

I spent a good number of hours over the phone and two extraordinary long outings to try and help the Confused M60 because she was still vacillating over her next career move as well as struggling to put her complicated past behind. The counseling finally reached an end after a long talk over nine hours where most of the time was spent listening to The Confused M60 pouring out all her grievances and letting her thoughts bounce back from my perspective.

I suppose sometimes, when people are down, all they need are a few words of kind advice and aplenty of listening time. As she finally settled down to her decisions, I was glad to be of help and hope she could move on in her life and eventually find her goals of success and happiness.

I took the above shot of trees against a blue sky and beautiful streaks of white clouds in the background whilst I was on the move during the week, thinking of how to help the Confused M60 without letting her sink into depression and despair.

We are in some ways like trees, with more or less the same life functions yet unique in our own ways - our thoughts, actions and behaviors branch out in so many different ways. Some of us will have more leaves; some may have more branches; some may have deeper roots. I told the Confused M60 "Your life may be different from many of your peers, but you are destined to live your life, beautiful in its own way. The moment you stop comparing against other people using invisible criteria, you will start enjoying the life you are given"

The Three Kingdoms Story:

I finally took enough of my remaining free time to finish up one of the three campaigns of the game, defeating Cao Cao and rescuing Emperor Xian from captivity. The end campaign reward animations were really funny with Cao Cao throwing a tantrum at one of his generals and hurling that general straight onto the camera lens until the latter slided down in pain.

The following screenshot showed a more benevolent Cao Cao as he looked at another general with concern as they retreated from the campaign map. And yes, all those characters you see in the screeshot below will be present during the game and you will have to defeat them in various scenarios - check out their dull-looking eyes of defeat. I loved the illustrator's work.

Campus Reunion Concert 2009:

I met up with one of the Campus Superstars graduates to collect the tickets for the abovementioned Concert, scheduled on this coming Saturday 21 March at Raffles Hotel Jubilee Hall. It's nice to see these graduates continuing their passion for singing way long after their stincts as contestants and culminating into a concert. I heard response for the concert is good despite the recessionary times and I want to give them the due support to cheer them on.

Undoubtedly, I will also be looking forward to see how far they have improved since the last time they sang publicly and hope I'll get a good night's worth of entertainment. ^__^
The Campus Superstar graduate was held up when we met up and I camped at this nice cosy cafe at the basement, taking a shot of the beautiful round mirrors decorating the walls and sipping my iced chocolate drink.


No comments: