Thursday, February 19, 2009

Reply to tags about 16 Feb 2009 Performance Commentaries

ridhwan supporter: Well, I am one of those people who is expecting Ridhwan to be technically as good as the other Chinese contestants because I ardently believe it should be a fair contest of singing skills and performance capabilities between the contestants, reflected in the judges' scores and as far as possible, in my performance commentaries. To me, it doesn't matter whether the contestants are Chinese, Malays, Indians, Caucasians, or any ethnic groups, as long as they are enjoying singing and giving their best but all should do their best to overcome technical problems.

musicrox: Perhaps but stage 3B would be quite a fight to watch out for, right? =)

pew: pew is better sounding than peunice. Hahaha. I did not check back Shawn Tok's version so I could not do any comparison but I still felt that Ridhwan, given his familiarity with JJ Lin's songs, could have given a much better rendition than what he did last Monday.

passer: Joselin sick? I did not know. If you see her, send my regards to her for speedy recovery.

Apparently, my commentaries seemed to have caught the attention of some of the prominent figures in Singapore's music scene because I was being contacted by one of them to comment on the quality of this year's Campus Superstars 3 contestants in the areas of vocal quality as well as suitability for cutting albums.

Surprisingly, this prominent figure managed to locate me over the MSN because another prominent figure in the local music scene was passing my blog address around. While I wondered who else might have my blog URL in hand, I pondered the questions posed to me carefully as I was quite tired from work and the recent heat and haze. I did not want to say anything misleading which might ruin the possible album chances of the contestants unknowingly. Although nothing is set in concrete at this stage of the competition, this prominent music figure do indeed has the resources to organize albums for the Campus Superstars 3 contestants.

A few names were mentioned in our exchanges and we discussed about their singing skills, stage skills, vocal quality, suitability for album marketing and even quality of character and the reason why I want to bring this up is because I want the Campus Superstars 3 contestants as well as singing enthusiasts who are reading my blog to know that these prominent figures do care about the younger generations and how they fare in their performances and henceforth encourage to give their best every time onstage.

Although the identity of this prominent figure as well as the names mentioned during our exchanges will be kept top-secret (I haven't thought of a code-name for this person yet) , it is important to remind all the CSS 3 contestants as well as those interested in going onto the public stage to perform that every single performance on a live stage counts as these may even reach the eyes and ears of those prominent music figures who may already be assessing these performances in their minds.

Good luck to all and I believe I am obliged to reply back to this prominent figure again who left a series of comments while I was offline but I'll do it tomorrow when my energy gives a clearer mind. In any case, my performance commentaries remains unbiased because I'll still be commenting as strictly and fairly as I can on a performance basis.

Have a good week ahead! ^__^

No comments: