Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dinner at Ashton at Ghim Moh and Afterdinner Drinks at Starbucks at Ginza Plaza

VIP friends called in to meet up for dinner after my work is done today and I hopped into one of the vehicles and headed off to Ghim Moh where there is a western food restaurant called Ashton to try out their supposed signature steak dishes.

I ordered a ribeye medium-well steak with coleslaw salad and potato rings as side dishes at a price of $12.90 and it tasted nice enough - a little overcooked outside but the mushroom sauce was flavorful and the steak was fresh enough. The coleslaw salad was bland though and I did not finish that part of the dish.

After much chatting about holidays, snorkelling, diving, work, economics and current affairs, the bunch of us left in our mini-convoy and headed off to find our usual afterdinner drinks - this time, it was at Ginza Plaza's Starbucks. Much to my surprise, I actually bumped into one of my Famine Camp campers who was in my group, studying inside the Coffee Bean with one of her friends. I saw her again on my way out and we happily waved to each other with broad smiles from the opposite sides of the glass wall there.

It was over chocolate moccha, green tea latte, cheesecakes and fudge cakes where we continued our talks and some of them had suggested a quick trip to dive at one of the outlying islands of Indonesia. Much to my reluctance, I could not join them because the trip was too close a notice and I did not think it would be convenient even though an escape to an island with no handphone connections and only the sun, sand and sea and a hammock under coconut trees would be really idyllic.

We talked until the Starbucks was about to close for the day before we had go home. It's one of those simple Sunday night outings that I liked - lots of jokes, zero stress and free-and-easy sofa lounging... ^__^

No comments: