Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dinner at Lao Beijing With The Busy Bee, Facebook: Battlestations! Memorable Battles in April

Dinner at Lao Beijing With The Busy Bee:
The Busy Bee and I went to Lao Beijing at Plaza Singapura yesterday night to have dinner. It's the fourth time I was there and the place was as busy as usual. We ordered a serving of Xiao Long Tang Pao, Dan Dan noodles, Beijing fried noodles, Bean and Scallops soup, stirred-fried Mushroom vegetables and Two Ba-Bao Teas. The ambience was pretty good with nice lighting and well-behaved crowd but I don't like the seats because it's woodenly-hard for my butt. Haha.

The bill came up to around 50 bucks but the food was not bad so it was value for money. As both of us were still slightly coughing, we did not order the restaurant's famous roast Peking duck. Oh well...another time ba. The Busy Bee loved the tea so we finished the entire pot before we left.

We stayed there from 8pm to 9pm, eating away and talking about movies and actors before making a stroll around Plaza Singapura to work off the food. After that, we tried to go to the Marketplace at Centrepoint but The Busy Bee noticed that the place seemed to be closing for the day so both of us walked all the way back to Orchard MRT station before making our way home.

Facebook: Battlestations! Memorable Battles in April

Some entertainment for my blog readers - videos of some of the memorable battles fought on one of the Facebook applications Battlestations! The game seems to originate from Singapore so I supported the application and after months, it remains playable and entertaining enough for me. Check out the cool and improved graphics now. I love the background skies.




A narrow escape. It sucks because I don't arm my ship with missiles (I am a cannon guy) but oh well, one escape is better than no escape. I will buy myself some missiles once I have enough resources (gold, wood, ore and plasma rocks). Hahaha.



This metallic-looking dragon is actually from an event Dragons! inside the game. Obviously, I was no match for it but at least I was strong enough to survive the first salvo of attack. Haha.



This is a close one. The other guy's weaponry are superior than mine but thankfully my ship's speed seems just a notch faster than his so I managed to outrun him. Woohoo...


This guy's ship hitpoints are much lower than mine but I admire his courage to attempt anyway. However, his statistics in gunnery (which determines how much damage one's weapons can do) seems to be lower than mine so I think he got a little bit of shock when I hit back really hard so I downed him instead.

Am going to breakfast after this blog post. Then heading off to gym to work out abit. Am going to watch 三国:见龙卸甲 by Andy Lau in the afternoon with another bunch of VIP friends.
Hope the movie will be a good one. Meanwhile, you can do the poll about rice on the sidebar if you are interested. See you folks around!

No comments: