Friday, July 11, 2008

Some quick thoughts on the road

I am typing this inside a dimly-lit internet shop in an undisclosed location so a quick post about some random stuff before I have to go for my dinner and my evening lesson later on.

On my other tabs are two other websites - One is the browser-based strategy war-game called Imperial Ages, where I am waiting for my online armies to return back from their raiding trips before I send them out again (I don't believe in idleness for my troops in that game so I make them work very hard for me since I am paying alot of gold for their hourly upkeep. Hahaha). The other is Facebook where I play some other mini-games to keep myself entertained late night when I finally reach home.

My eyes are a little droopy because I slept very late last night, trying to design a nice house in The Sims 2 game. It's a promise made to a VIP friend and I intend to keep it so I dedicated three solid hours into the general framework of the house as well as the decoration of a couple of rooms. I will try to gather all the screenshots I have made and post them up here so that the readers can see how I go about designing a house. Hopefully my architectural taste will appeal to that VIP friend as well when the screenshots are up in public.

Yesterday, I had a very interesting lesson with a new student whom I have just taken up. Apparently, she had a terrible accident recently and nearly lost her life. Although she survived, she now suffered from some post-trauma stress and has developed illusions about shadows and darkness. Looks like I have to be very careful with my lessons because I don't want to bring back anything related to the accident which may trigger her stress levels to spike. This will be a challenging assignment to take on indeed because I have a special tightrope to walk on. I hope the poor girl recovers from it in time. After all, to be psychologically scarred even one survives is not a good way to move on in life either. Hope she will let the episode go in her mind eventually.

Recently, I have just watched the movie "Hancock". Although the action scenes were way over the top and made quite some blurring to my senses, I loved the characterization of Hancock in the earlier part of the movie where he struggled to find his superhero identity amidst the loneliness of what he thought he was the only kind on this planet. The later part of the movie with another female superhero and the whole thing about angels in pairs must separate or die was a little bit too bizzare but I suppose the director/scriptwriter of the movie wanted to convey the idea that "with great power comes great responsibility" in another way - whereby one must sacrifice some of the things he/she wants in order to fulfill one's destiny. On my movie-to-watch list are also Hellboy 2, Batman: Dark Knight, and Red Cliff. Big hole in my pocket again. Hahaha.

It's getting really noisy in the internet shop now because there is a group of boys playing Counterstrike and they keep screaming atop of the gunshots sounds blasting from their speakers. I guess I have to stop now because I am getting hungry - what shall I get for my dinner? Hmm...

Anyway, have a good weekend ahead everyone! =)

No comments: