Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Sims 2: Veronaville Estate, Dinner Treat For Parents, Lunch at Xing Wang Hongkong Cafe, Audience Night at Music Dreamer Live! Cafe

Sims 2: The Veronaville Estate (Under Construction):
This is a glimpse of The Veronaville Estate which I mentioned a number of days ago to tickle the readers' imagination. It's still under construction and I have already put up a number of pictures to form a slideshow but the final version may take a few more days. So do be patient.
Dinner Treat For Parents at Zi Cha Stall:
The 铁板豆腐 looked really yucky but actually it was absolutely delicious. The sauce was tangy to the tastebuds, the seafood and vegetables were delightfully fresh but the winning stroke was the egg at the bottom of the heap, which was totally infused with the sauce and tasted heavenly.
Lunch With Busy Bee at Xin Wang Hongkong Cafe at Orchard Cineleisure:
Was having a weekend lunch a couple of weeks ago with The Busy Bee and we went to the abovementioned restaurant. She ordered some egg noodles while I tried their mushroom baked rice. I was very impressed with the selection of food at the menu but my verdict was that NYDC still makes the best oven-baked rice.
Audience Night at Music Dreamer Live! Cafe:
I sang a total of four songs 《保佑我》By 张智成 《飞机场的10.30》By 陶吉吉 I Believe By 范逸臣 and 《从开始到现在》by 张信哲 . The songs were quite challenging to sing live and I had a lot of fun trying to coordinate the keys with the instrumentalists 坚立 and 浩源, who were most professional and patient even though the songs were very difficult to play on the guitar and organ. My thanks to them for their music accompaniment!
坚立 at the keyboard and 浩源 crooning away even though they were instrumentalists because some of the audience did not want to appear onstage to sing the songs and both of them obliged reluctantly, citing their poor singing skills. Actually, they sounded quite alright. Very modest of them.

One of the two sisters who attended the Audience Night. Both of them have very low and deep voices, which made them very suitable to sing certain songs. She is trying hard to look at the lyrics because some of which are hidden from a worn-out lyrics book but she remained calm all the while onstage, which is very good.

Two members of a group of audience at a table who originally were reluctant to sing and finally made it onstage after much coaxing from the instrumentalists. They sounded alright and whatever glitches made were most probably due to the unfamiliarity with the stage and accompaniment. They'll get better if they go onstage more often. =)

Another group of ladies but they were more enthusiastic and were more confident of their singing. I vaguely remembered they singing 《解脱》By 张惠妹 and sounded quite good together. Perhaps they had loads of KTV practices?

This duet was paired up by the instrumentalists as the final song for the night. Both were from different tables and they were made to sing 《关怀方式》 By 陈汉伟,蔡礼莲. They did very well coordinating for their first attempt but were pretty shy together (see how far they sit from each other). Hahaha.
All in all, it was a really enjoyable night and I hope I can do better for some of the songs I fielded next time round. I think I will choose some of them again if I can make it to the next Audience Night so I'll have a chance to improve on them. Regrettably, The Pouting Apple could not join me - I was thinking of singing a couple of duet songs like 《一眼瞬间》something like that.

No comments: