Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Photos from my life from 11 August 2008 to 26 August 2008

A rare sight on the MRT trains nowadays. Since the ERPs came up, the trains have been ever more packed. This was taken when I was on my way out of Pasir Ris after meeting SC.
A nice can of chocolates from The Cocoa Trees. It was a treat from one of my students and I loved the dark chocolates flavor within because they gave me a high during the lesson and made me very animated. Hahaha.
One of the songs picked by Xiangrui when we went for KTV at Jurong East Kbox. I was particularly amused by the first line of this verse because it sounded so weird and even gross but at least the second line of the verse was more well written. Forgotten the name of this song but who cares - we enjoyed ourselves.
The Kbox lunch box then was plum sauce chicken, raisin rice, bean curd cubes, vegetables and jelly. The rice was a tad too hard but the chicken and the vegetables were nicely done. Xiangrui was so hungry that he finished his lunch within 15 minutes though.
More food. This was the lunch I ate with SC when I met her at White Sands. It's called 海鲜生面 and I haven't had it for a long time. The mussels were fresh and so were the prawns but the fish was quite hard. The noodles was the best because it wasn't too hard. I think the restaurant we ate in was called 湾仔香港餐厅 at the 2nd or 3rd floor of White Sands.
This was SC's lunch. I think it was some pork rice. She said it was nice too but I hadn't got the stomach for rice-based food that afternoon. Anyway, after lunch was over, we spent coffee time at Coffee Club because it was raining and we could not venture out to the outdoors area as originally intended.
The rain did not stop so we proceeded to Suntec City for window shopping and koi fish looking. We stopped at a nice cosy cafe for dinner because Pizza Hut requires a silly waiting time of 45 minutes. Both of us ordered some egg-based wraps and a caesar's salad. Mine was ham and cheese flavored.
This is SC's portion of the dinner. Hers was chicken. The salad was light and crunch and so were the chips.
Hotplate/Steamboat dinner taken at 大长今 near Kallang MRT station with The Busy Bee. She said the place was popular with the PRC Chinese and she was right - it was flooded with them but I focused on the food because it's what I came for. Hmm... hotplate prawns first.
The soup component of the dinner comprising of meatballs, mushrooms, vegetables, fish slices, clams, etc. It tasted alright but I still prefer the hotplate foods more.
Photos of contestants during the 11 August 2008 Monday Auditions at Music Dreamer Live! Cafe. She has excellent vocals, good stage presence and good external image.
She has a very stable and deep voice to boot.
Cute looking lad which appealed to many of the girls within the audience. Reminds me of Zhiyang of Campus Superstar with a guitar.
This guy's guitar skills are very good but his singing was not on par with his guitar playing. Perhaps he can be an instrumentalist instead.
Photos of contestants during the 25 August 2008 Auditions at Music Dreamer Live! Cafe. She was very bubbly and had a nice soothing voice behind.
A very talented keyboardist showing his stuff at the auditions. His voice was somewhat less impressive though.
She was known as the self-high girl because she could not stop laughing onstage. Extremely lively with a booming voice but at the young age of 16, her singing skills are not completely developed but her stage persona was formidable.
A confident contestant with good vocals, good stage presence and a lively character too.
A more senior looking contestant with very stable and well-trained vocals. I wondered how he would sound if he had chosen more modern songs but I liked his stage confidence.

No comments: