Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Random Photos and Random Thoughts

Been relentlessly publishing blog posts on Campus Superstars Season 3 for the past week so I thought I would write something different for those blog readers who are more interested about other things.

Took some photos during New Year Day 2009 but only managed to dig them up right now.

My first breakfast of 2009 - MacDonald's Hotcakes with Sausage Meal paired with a glass of iced Milo. I love a good breakfast each morning and I love to have my favorite breakfast to start off the new year. It's sinfully good and filling and I really like to take my breakfast slow and comfortably so I'd rather wake up extra early than to rush through my food.
Took my parents out for a New Year Lunch and they chose to eat Western food. We had three nice portions of chicken chop at a nice Western food stall. The chicken was nicely complemented by the sauce and the coleslaw was firm and fresh.
This was a spur-of-the-moment lunch created by my mother who suddenly decided to try her hand at doing some steamboat thingy at home. With no apparent experience at such meals, she tried her best to compile some ingredients for cooking. Unfortunately, other than the pork slices, most of the other food were not exactly suitable and the pot was way too small to do decent cooking. I thought she is still better suited with a wok and a spatula rather than steamboat cooking. Haha.
A candid shot taken when I saw three of my fishes lining up in my home aquarium for a photo-shoot. The second eldest, the youngest and the big brother fish. The three of them share a intelligent bond amongst themselves as either one of the two eldest is always seen protecting the youngest by staying close to the youngest at any point of time (even during sleeping time). This is because the youngest fish is the smallest fish in the aquarium and is always being bullied by the other fish, especially the pouting Parrot fishes which will go around poking other fishes with their mouths. One fine day, the three dark brothers decided to line up at one corner of the tank for a family shot so there it goes.

Nothing much else is happening right now - pretty lethargic start for 2009. Just waiting for Chinese New Year to come and hope there is some form of festive mood for this seemingly bleak year ahead.

No comments: