Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reply To Tags About 23 Mar 2009 Campus Superstars 3 Performance Commentaries

lollipop: may i know whr can i download aijia's songs ?

- I think you can try and request for the links at Aijia's fanclub website (see my bloglist under Rachel Chua on the left hand bar).

known: please lorh, i can say that aijia and jarod are about the same standard and you gave both of them 2 different marks:D:D abit biased here seh... anyways, jarod still got in.

- Same standard? Maybe. But so far, I thought Aijia was giving really consistent performances whilst Jarod fluctuated frequently and was not so stable in his performances.

leraine: uh it's just cos the CSS3 production team want a boy in the finals. it's so obvious.on the other hand Sean, I really agree with the scores you gave Aijia =)

- Thanks. It's not easy trying to be a critic or commentator. I have reasons for giving 9.5 and 9.0 for Aijia, which I will explain later on. I don't know about the true intentions of the CSS 3 production team. Let's find out in the next two rounds ba.

shaox: just a correction: the original singer for the qian shou that aijia sang is su rei, not a*mei

- Thanks. I knew it was Su Rui when Aijia started singing but I was way too busy grading to make the correction then.

windy: yea agreed! obviously they will have JAROD crowned the champ la. shi li wise, he's definitely not the best

- Still too early to tell. There is still Jiamin and the special revival round. There's Jarod himself and his performances too.

FN: i think jiamin slip down le. from the top now being overtaken... OUCH! i got something to say... ITS kinda unfair u know.. guys get the camp everytime. Why? cuze girls mostly go gugugaga about guys. But guys dun go gugu gaga about girls get wad i mean?

- Jiamin seemed faded during last night's round. Perhaps her emotional breakdown earlier that day was taking a toll on her morale and spirits. I have already sent her a tag message, hoping she would recover in time for the Grand Finals.

passer: personally, i feel that joselin, aijia and benita quite strong

- Should be an interesting round. Rachel Lim had a decent showing for her performances as well.

cssfan: 6th april i heard is live show for zong yi live?

- Beats me. Perhaps you can update us with a link or two if that was the case?

cp: omgosh, i like brian mcknight :D especially one last cry (:

- I love his free-styling for the Youtube video. Check out his vocal range and technique command.

FN: OMG! Nx week super duper BIG BIG BIG fight sia.. i am sure 100000000% sure sia... must watch must watch. wondering why mavis not selected

- Should be an interesting round to watch. Let's hope they can outdo their previous performances for a really good special revival round.

valerie: hey guys:D is not the end of the competition yet. so lets just not keep saying that the guy will get the champ.and also, jarod did prove to us that he got the potential in singing.and i actually thinks that all the top 12 contestants are already a winner. cause they make it thrg from thousands of people during the audition.

- Yes. It's still too early to tell. It's not easy to stand onstage and sing to people, especially strangers so let's cheer them on. Jarod did give a new spark during his fast song but can he continue to grow and make his performances better? That is the question hanging onto not just him but the rest as well. By the way, I could not post my congratulatory tag on Jarod's fanclub as well because I was banned from tagging. Hahaha.

comments: sean ho i think you gave jarod marks are too low.. maybe you dont think so, but sometimes i think your judgement isn't as good as you yourself think so.please do your homework by seeing how hard the songs are to sing.. and you always overrate the rest and i think its not reasonable.whatever it is, i felt that jarod did well today, much better than the past times. and though i think aijia and jiamin sang not bad, 9 & 9.5 of marks you've given is too high. anyways, not having a fight here. just telling you my thinking. thanks.i felt jarod did better for the fast song too! (=

- 9.5 and 9.0 are very high marks. The reasons are because Aijia managed to claw her way back from the revival round with good, consistent performances all the way with very negligible mistakes and showing a good attitude towards the entire competition. If you check the song lists, Aijia currently stands as one of the two contestants who fielded the most number of difficult songs and still manage to pull them off. I want to reward Aijia for her hard work.

- Jarod's slow song was relatively easy to sing but he still made some basic mistakes and thus losing marks in a relative comparision when the others did not make such obvious mistakes. Jarod's fast song was surprisingly entertaining but based on song difficulty level and effort to uniquely make the song his, Aijia did surpass Jarod.

- I had never said that my judgement was good. I just gave my honest opinions. And no, contrary to your belief, I did my homework about the song difficulties. You are free to write your own commentaries and grades if you wish to. I still stand by my thoughts there and then for last night. Those were my honest words too. ^__^

wendy: obviously sean is being fair. aijia and jiamin sang better than him. in my opinion, Jarod is a good boy and singer having his fate manipulated by CSS producers. what a pity that is.

- Thanks. It's not easy to grade the contestants because all of them are trying very hard but sometimes, small differences means great efforts and thus there were still differences in the grades given to the various contestants. I really want to try and accurately reward those great efforts. Maybe Jarod was really being manipulated but I still hope he can give performances worth of a Grand Finals level.

- I am not against the little chap and I know his supporters love him but any attempt to shut others up may backfire. It reminds of Geraldine See of Campus Superstars Season 1. I have already met Geraldine See in person and she was a nice person and a genuine performer but her supporters then were stubbornly wild, wrathful and vindicative, sadly eroding Geraldine's public image during the Season 1 competition. Those who had attended the Campus Reunion Concert would have realized Geraldine, despite her vocal weaknesses, could definitely hold the stage if she was given the chance to grow in the public's eyes.

Good luck to Jiamin and Jarod in their preparations for the Grand Finals! Both of them have a lot of work on their hands till then. Good luck to the special revival round contestants too! I hope they can come back stronger than ever, and give us astoundingly good performances. I want to give high marks and good commentaries but each and every one of them will have to earn it fair so they can hold their heads straight up.

I remember one of my teachers told me, "A superstar is but a star who keeps shining." ^__^

No comments: