Thursday, May 28, 2009

More Photos from Qianhu Fish Farm and Preparations For Camp

More Photos from Qianhu Fish Farm:

There are the outstanding photos which I promised last week. It's been one hell of a hectic week so it took so long for me to get back to blogging again.

I was like a little kid again - taking as many snapshots of those fishes swimming leisurely in the tanks.

Can't tell the species but they are really friendly (or hungry) - move the camera phone and the whole school will follow suit as well.
Arrowanas - very expensive fish. I like their sleek, long silvery sheen.
The white amongst the sea of orange goldfishes. It must be a prominent fish in that tank.
These are aggressive little things which prefers poking with their poutish mouths.
Admittedly, I have never seen such a fish before. Nature sure has a way to surprise people.
For a brief moment, I thought it was a nicely-decorated rug. Haha. It was sleeping when I took the shot.
It looks like a forest but underwater. The quality of my camera was not good but trust me, it was really beautiful with all those small fishes swimming in and out of those plants.
Angel's fish, I believe. And a very large one.
This is one of my pet fishes - my favourite "Big Brother". It's intelligent enough to be always eye-balling me whenever I go past my home aquarium.
Caught in the act of dancing - believe it, if I clap my hands, it will dance by swaying from side to side. It was the only fish which seemed to receive "instructions" from the Fat Lady goldfish before the latter passed on to fish heaven. Maybe Fat Lady told it to be friendlier to our family?

Preparations For Camp:

I have been training really hard at the gym to prepare for the upcoming camp in which I am one of the camp facilitators to lead groups of students through an interesting camp program at an undisclosed location in Singapore. However, I am encouraged by the organizers not to reveal the details of the camp so the campers can come in and enjoy the surprises prepared for them.

All I can say is - I am looking forward to the camp, training up to keep fit so I don't look too frail amongst the youths running about in the camp and getting my camping equipment ready. It won't be easy because I think I'll have to lug all my gear on me for the first day of the camp and weight and encumbrance considerations will be very important factors in deciding what I can bring and what I must trim down.

Here's the camping items I think I'll be bringing:

1) Identity Card
2) Cash
3) Ezlink Card
4) Sleeping Bag
5) Utility Tool
6) Torchlight
7) Talcum Powder
8) Deodorant Spray
9) Towels
10) Toiletries
11) Writing Materials
12) Cellphone
13) Extra sets of clothing
14) Clean set of clothing for sleeping
15) Light Sticks
16) Backpack
17) Waist Pouch
18) Customized Medical Kit

Phew, that's quite alot of things to carry. Hope the camp will go on smoothly even though the first H1N1 flu case has struck Singapore. If we can hold the perimeters of Singapore well, we should be able to keep the virus at bay so we can carry on our normal activities.

No comments: