Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Poison Milk From China and related youtube videos on milk itself



This video shows why we shouldn't milk cows because it is unnatural and human beings deprive calves the milk for ourselves. The words used are deliberated to evoke sympathy and compassion but I suppose there is some truth about the diet change - do we still need milk after we mature into solid foods? Perhaps we can still find a sustainable source of food from vegetables without plying into the supplies of milk for those calves.



I am currently following the incident on the poison milk incident from China and came across a youtube video which advocates that milk is actually a poison to the human bodies. I ain't a scientist and I haven't got the book mentioned in the video but the hormones argument and the glue argument stick in my head though - the milk is meant for calves, not humans and the extra hormones in the milk may not necessarily do human beings good. I don't think the cancin (the glue component) is good for my digestive system either (if what that author advocates is right). Maybe those readers who are knowledgeable in such things can enlighten everyone else on the tagboard?

Given the current string of kidney stones-causing milk from China, and the recent move that AVA of Singapore are taking so many milk-related products from China off the shelves in the country, I am stopping my personal consumption of as many milk-related products from China as I can manage because until the mess clears up, it's better not to gamble my health on foods which I can do without.

No comments: