Monday, April 13, 2009

Reply To Tags About CSS 3 Grand Finals Performance Commentaries, Gathering with University Orientation Group, Tai Tai Coffee with SC @ East Coast

Reply To Tags About CSS 3 Grand Finals Performance Commentaries:

Stella: woo u are all prepared for tonight~ hahs.

- Of course, since I have been writing since Episode 1 all the way till the Grand Finals, I must make sure that I am all prepared during the most important Grand Finals. ^__^

^^~: Omg I think Jaws is really under rated in the 2nd round =.=

- Joselin deserved a better grade indeed. =)

leraine: True, Aijia performed the best this round =)

- I agonized over a 9.5 which might seemed too high but I made my decision - if that kind of performance cannot secure a 9.5, then too few performances will ever made it. Aijia scored deeply for sincerity and a new level of emoting breakthrough to earn my best grade for Grand Finals.

hmm: jarod was better.. anyway they should be on par since they got the same score.

- No offence to Jarod but he had it easy because he was singing only the easier portions of
千言万语 and circumvented the harder portions with R & B instead, which was strategically wise but exposed his technical inability to handle older songs compared to Aijia and Jiamin. Joselin completely changed the song to a full rock and roll, which took out some grades too.


css3: wat u tink of weilian judging and performance ?

- Weilian was playing real safe and politically correct with his judging. I could not mention about his performance because I was too busy typing the performance commentaries.

Stella: oo u done a great job too :D 接下来 any commentaries for other programs? :D

- Thank you for your compliment! I might take a break from performance commentaries for a couple of weeks because I need to clear my head for other tasks beyond my blogging life and I wanted to go get some singing done on my own since I had been delaying it since the start of CSS 3 blog series.

Passerby: Joselin is th most unrrated ones in css3. Judges are just very biased towards her. Really dissapointed wif th judges. I felt her Yue guang was nicer den others! I think u even agreed! Joselin ROCKS! :

- As mentioned, I thought Joselin did well. She was still the weakest when it comes to vocal command but I recognized her unique stage presence. I can only hope someday she can finally align her skills alongside with her stage presence. There's still potential in her to be tapped somehow.

ee: now that css3 has come to an end, i guess i wont visit this place frequently anymore. nevertheless, you did a great job sean! it has been a pleasure reading your commentries (:

- Thank you for your compliment! It's been quite a tough blog series for the past few months because I had to crack my head often to try and be as accurate as possible in my performance commentaries. Hope you do pop in to check out my blogging once in a while. ^__^

- My thanks to the thousands of readers who thronged my humble blog for the past few months to take a peep at my performance commentaries. Confirmations of contestants reading them and correcting them upon my advice also helped me to continue writing and with prominent music figures even popping by to look around surely boosted my morale in keeping the commentaries as tidy as I can be. Gratis~~

- I will probably go back to my personal blogging with sporadic write-ups on any followup events for the graduates of CSS 3, if any, until I can finally settle on a new blog series. Meanwhile, a series of photos that were delayed because I was so busy with the CSS 3 blog series are finally seeing light on my blog. Hahaha.


Library Trip and Bubble Tea with The Confused M60 at Toa Payoh Hub:

Went to the library with the Confused M60 who wanted to borrow some books to reeducate herself for her new job applications. I took the opportunity to quickly return the nearly due library books as well. We settled down for bubble tea at a bubble tea house inside one of the entertainment hubs of Toa Payoh (the one with the cinemas) and I saw this very interesting plaque about steadfastness and wisdom.

It said something about having to learn and use both in a complementary way to survive the world around us and gain fulfilment and contentment. I supposed it rings true to quite a good extent - if we are not steadfast, we will lose our way. If we are not wise, we will not be able to differentiate the real light at the end of the tunnel from the neon ones decorating the tunnel.

This is a random game screenshot of a very old game known as Stronghold, a castle building game. In that scenario, I think I was supposed to build and encircle my castle encampment with wooden palisade walls and prevent roaming wolves from eating my lord (the blue caped guy atop of the large wooden building called a keep).

Why am I playing such a game? I am still trying to design a medieval-theme castle building game on my own so I needed to refresh myself on medieval games. It's already been more than one month of research and refreshing of such games but the game is still at its write-up stage. I still have a long way to go...hahaha.


Gathering with University Orientation Group:
This is one of the sandwich ordered and shared around by a handful of my university orientation group who managed to meet up after being separated for years. Although only four out of a twenty-four were present, it was still a heartwarming gathering where we shared out common adventures during the four-day orientation camp in those days - the exciting ice-breaking games that we played, the orientation game stations that we conquered with wit and bravado, the sleepless nights spent talking away.
A night shot of the Merlion after it was healed from the lightning strike on its head. It was spraying water happily that night as the group strolled from Raffles City to the Singapore Flyer to the Merlion. Such a memorable gathering after so many years. ^__^

Tai Tai Coffee with SC @ East Coast:
I love to take some afternoons real slow and easy, over a nice slice of cake with a nice chocolate ice-blended, and watch the world go by with a friend or two. So last Saturday, I went off with SC to East Coast Park Coffee Bean to have a session of tai tai coffee and spent a good three hours over there, watching the park-goers' activities.
The view of East Coast Park from where we are seated. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and we even caught sight of a huge rabbit on a leash, hopping happily around to sniff the grass and the roots of the trees until it began to rain in the mid-afternoon.
The rain came in hard but there were people who never wanted to stay out. A group of three friends were dancing in the rain and a couple shared an umbrella and stared out into the sea until the rain stopped.
The rain got heavier but both of us were dry and happy with an extremely packed Coffee Bean as the people rushed in to take shelter. We had the best seats to watch the raindrops fall though.
The rain peltered away and East Coast Park came back to life again. This shot was taken on our way back to Parkway Parade for dinner. In the distance, the thunderclouds still rumbled away but they could not keep the children away from playing on the beach with the waves. This is the share rustic feel one can probably only catch at a mere fistful of places left in Singapore.

No comments: