Saturday, March 01, 2008

Thursday Pastamania Dinner With The Angry Giant, Saturday Sakae Sushi Lunch and Movie With The Busy Bee

Thursday Pastamania Dinner With The Angry Giant:

I happened to have some free time on last Thursday afternoon so when The Angry Giant called me wondering if I could turn up for a meal together, I readily agreed.

Initially, we were planning to eat an early dinner of Yoshinunya (spelling?) at Bugis Junction but The Angry Giant ate it for his lunch and I was like -__-

With little suitable choices left, we ended up eating Pastamania again and I ordered Carbonara again but with a difference - I choose Fuscilla (spelling?) instead of spaghetti and it tasted more chewy and I loved it too. Unfortunately, the serving at Bugis Junction branch was rather small and I did not really have my fill of weekly pasta quota met. Haha..

Anyway, The Angry Giant, was, of course, angry with how certain family issues have breached his privacy and he hated it to the core. So whilst I was munching away at my dinner, I was busy trying to counsel him to cool off. I think I managed to succeed to some extent and we just shopped around looking at the latest computer games before he left for another appointment whilst I headed off for my evening lesson.



Carbonara with Fuscilla tasted great. The creamy sauce was infused into the marcaroni and the bacon bits were nice and crispy.

Saturday Sakae Sushi Lunch and Movie "The Water Horse" With The Busy Bee:

The Busy Bee was so busy that I only managed to get hold of her after three months of trying. Today was a good day because I succeeded in getting a whole afternoon free from her busy schedule so we took the golden opportunity to do as many things as we could together.

We went to Sakae Sushi at Wheelock Place and after five minutes of waiting, we had a table and we had our orders taken. It has been quite some time since I stepped foot into Sakae Sushi so I was really craving for their Salmon Nabe soup but they had only Salmon fish head so I ordered The Chicken Nabe instead. The Busy Bee was more of a big eater and she ordered four plates of sashimi and one of those egg thingy. We shared the soup and ate through the food in about an hour plus before taking a stroll down to Orchard Cineleisure whilst waiting for the 4.30pm movie to commence.

Along the way outside Wisma Atrium, we saw a group of street performers doing percussion music and it was really crowded because the passers-by seemed to love the music. They were really playing hard to entertain even though the streets were draughty due to the morning rains and winds. We moved on, talking along the way about work, friends, movies, jokes, and discussed about the escaped JI terrorist as well.

We stopped by Starbucks Coffee near Partyworld KTV Orchard and ordered an Earl Grey tea and Frappucino because it began to drizzle and cooled off in that nice branch, even chatting up with a European man sitting next table with a laptop. He was also escaping from the drizzle. Over the coffeetable, The Busy Bee and I discussed with the upcoming Flim Festival and the concerts that she was interested in going for in the coming two months.
I took a picture of the wall mural inside the Starbucks Coffee whilst The Busy Bee was reading her MSN messages on her handphone. The place has nice ambience but as with most cafes, seats were hard to come by because there were plenty of students studying there with thick stacks of notes as well as a number of foreigners busying with their laptops.

The movie "The Water Horse: Legend of The Deep turned out better than expected. Initially, I thought it was just a kiddish movie about the Loch Ness monster legend but the characters in the movie were very memorable and the "Water Horse", which is known as a mytical and magical Scottish creature, was very cute too.
Interwined in the movie was a little boy trying to cope with his depression that his beloved father had died in the Second War World, never to return; a disillusioned mother who refused to believe in magic and miracle because she was embittered by the loss of her husband, a war hero who wanted no fame and just a simple life away from war; a British officer who was out to prove that he was better than a protected son of an Army General; a killer-looking Army Cook who wanted to prove himself by trying to kill a monster; and of course, the "Water Horse" which seemed to understand about friendship but was completely bewildered by the violence shown against it by other human beings.

All in all, I would give it a 3.5 out of 5 rating. It's watchable, especially if you like animals and love to see how all the relationships in the movie entangle.

No comments: