Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Typical Saturday Spent For Myself

I initially did not intend to put this down on my blog but I was encouraged by all the unspoken support from all my readers who still pop in at a regular basis to see how I am doing so I'll just do a simple blog post about how I spent my last Saturday having some me-time. Recently, the glut of work has quite overwhelmed me that I have little energy to attend music-related events (there are none that caught my interest as well) so I chose to spend last Saturday enriching and resting myself at the same time.

9.30am Woke up by the sunlight from the window. I loved those mornings when I woke up naturally rather than by the alarm clock.

10.30am Hotcakes with Sausage Meal, washed down with iced milo. Slow breakfasts are a blessing, especially when I have tasted those 10 minute ones during my military assignments days.

11.30am Started my regular gym training session. I need all the strength and stamina in preparation for a possible new charity camp in the horizon. With no camp guidelines yet, I assumed I may be needed with any possible tasks or missions during the camp itself.

1.30pm Lunched at PastaMania with my favorite Carbonara and iced lemon tea. Was giving myself a treat since I tended to rush my lunches during my working days.

2.30pm Bought myself Kungfu Panda VCD to watch in the evening because I was looking high and low for it but never really found it until yesterday as I browsed through the shops leisurely. Fate at work again.

3.30pm Settled myself down at a Coffee Bean outlet to enjoy a nice slice of Tiramisu cake whilst I leisurely flipped through a voluminous novel about Crusades in The Holy Land of Jerusalem.

4.30pm Headed home for a nice afternoon nap after checking up on my Facebook's Dungeon and Dragons: Tiny Adventures. My poor Dragonborn Fighter keeps failing his quests but oh well, adventuring is like that - you win some, you lose some.

6.30pm Woke up to have dinner at home before I propped myself heavily with a dessert of glass jelly and continued working on my personal project. Some decent work was done but I still have a long way before its completion.

8.30pm Watched Kungfu Panda on my home PC and had a great time watching how Ooogui Shifu was trying to teach the philosophy of life using the peach tree.

10.30pm Joined the rest of my family watching some TV before retiring for the night.

Quite an eventful day for myself. I had received invitations to F1 race, some music showcase at Singapore Art Museum, a cruise trip to Malaysia but I turned down the former two invitations because I was too tired to drag myself to the city again. I loved the idea of the cruise but that is still so tentative until everyone else can confirm their leave schedules.

Well, that's it for this blog post. Hope to write more once new adventures in my life appears. For now, I'll have to brace myself for another week since in one hour's time, another week of hectic work begins. Time really flies.

No comments: