Friday, November 10, 2006

10 November 2006 End of the Day Post


How the day moved on:

Woke up late today at around 9.30am because I was watching the vcd Armaggeddon starring Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck all the way until 1.40am. The morning past by simply with a nice tiramisu cake, which I bought from The Coffee Bean the day before and it melted in my mouth - absolutely sinful and delicious!

The Clean-Up:

After slow breakfast savouring the cake, the first task of the morning was to clean up the interior of my desktop CPU because my computer hanged up on me the night before while I was in the middle of some MSN chat sessions. Armed with newspapers, a screwdriver, a toothbrush, a mini-fan and a piece of wet cloth, I started cleaning up the CPU and it's coolants fans and it was a grimly task. Lots of dust balls were removed and I was wondering how much dust was accumulated because of the recent haze in Singapore. I took a second look at my computer table and decided I should clean that up too and started moving all the peripherals and scrubbed them all. The task ended at around 1pm and I headed to buy lunch.

Surfing and Singing:

Lunch was a styrofoam box of rice, drumstick, cabbage and char siew. Not exactly a spread but it tasted good after fiddling with all the cleaning and dusting. The afternoon was divided between reading some of the blogs from MediaCorp on the Project Superstar 2 and I practiced my singing with a number of songs from the Internet to keep myself in shape. The practice song line-up for the afternoon was:

1. Fei Ji Chang De Shi Dian Ban (David Tao)
2. Pu Tong Peng You (David Tao)
3. Piano (Fan Yi Chen)
4. Kiss Goodbye (Wong Lee Hom)
5. Qian Li Zhi Wai (Jay Zhou and Fei Yu Qing)

Song practice ended around 4.30pm and it was just right because the afternoon rain was over and I headed off to the gym for my training session. The 2.4km run today was tough because I was trying to push myself to go faster and the result was a satisfied but breathless Sean Ho. Weights training was kept a minimum today because the accelerated run took most of the wind out of me but I considered the session fruitful enough. Gym was wrapped up at around 5.30pm and I headed home for my cooking lesson on pancakes! Phyiscal Stamina + 1


Learning about pancakes:

My mother decided to teach me how to prepare pancakes and I grabbed the opportunity to learn more about pancakes because her pancakes tasted great and I hope to upgrade my cooking skills so I can prepare pancakes myself in the future. Mixing the batter, pouring the batter onto the hot pan and learning how to get the pancake cooking properly without burning it took a good part of 30 minutes but I managed to pick it up. Hopefully I won't forget all the steps when I have to prepare pancakes myself! Cooking skill + 1

In a nutshell at the end:

I suppose today was more of a discovery day for me because for my song practice and my pancake cooking episode, I learnt that it is important to continue to keep an open mind and don't self-assume about the development of things. For example, I had sang "Piano" countless times without realizing that I was locking a part of my vocal box for some of the lines at the chorus portion until today. So I was making a conscious reminder not to do that again the next time round (because volume projection of those lines will be affected). Also, although it was not exactly my first pancake cooking lesson from my mother, the experience this time round was different because the batter was much thicker and the oil used from far lesser than the previous time. Looks like life remains very much a journey of continual self- (or re-) discovery of things around oneself...

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the
illusion of knowledge.

By: Daniel J. Boorstin US historian (1914 - )

(Picture source:Lex in the city, 8 Jan 2006, Flickr)

(Quote source: http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1972.html)

No comments: