Monday, April 09, 2007

Hawker Food, Munchkin & S.H.E Concert DVD

Sorry for not blogging for quite a few days because I was caught breathless with work and other matters of pressing datelines. I just met up with The Changed Man and The Married Soldier on the 07 April 2007 (Saturday) so I will post about what happened on that night. After all, with our busy schedules, the brotherhood usually only manages to meet up once every few months.

When I finished my make-up lesson on Saturday at around 2.30pm, it was pouring. I met The Changed Man first and he drove the both of us to IMM Jurong East because he had not had his breakfast yet so we went there to get his stomach filled. After browsing through the food outlets there, The Changed Man eventually settled down at MacDonald's and munched through his meal of grilled chicken foldover while I satisfied my hunger pangs with a simple Fillet-O-Fish burger. We sat there for about an hour and he talked about his latest love entanglement, which he was still trying to figure out the relationship he was in currently.

After that, he dropped his books off at the Jurong East Regional Library and we made our way to the Coronation Plaza at Bukit Timah because we were supposed to buy a bottle of wine since the gathering was to be at the Married Soldier's new house. The Changed Man gave me a tour of his previous childhood haunt at Coronation Plaza and he picked white wine at the Wine Connection before leaving the place.

Initially, The Married Soldier proposed burgers and card games at his house but both of us frowned about the idea because we don't get to meet often and we had already eaten burgers for our "afternoon tea" so The Changed Man drove all three of us to the Bukit Timah Hawker Centre and we ordered the traditionally sinful Singapore food for our dinner - White carrot cake, Popiah, Rojak, Satay and Sugar cane drinks and talked over the din of the place. The talk was centred mainly on the diving expeditions by The Married Soldier and he was encouraging both of us to take up diving because it was an interesting (though expensive and time-consuming) hobby. Given the current upsetting weather patterns, I think I will shelve the thought for now.

Back in the home of The Married Soldier, he enthusiastically showed us a wonderfully-shot fifteen minute video footage of his diving expedition in Thailand and we settled down to play his favourite card game Munchkin. The card game was far more entertaining than I originally expected (because I am more of a PC game player) and even though we only played one round (The Married Soldier won) but it was a long and challenging round because we were actively scheming against one another, plotting to take away one another's treasures and cards during the gameplay. I was unfortunate enough to be "cursed with a chicken on my head" and "had a sex change" in the gameplay while The Changed Man (lucky twit) had "boots with immunity to curses". You can click
here to find out more about the interesting game. Am seriously thinking about buying it myself..haha

After playing Munchkins, we watched a few segments of the S.H.E concert in Hongkong on the DVD because The Married Soldier loved the concert, saying that it was the best concert on DVD that he had actually seen. The concert was just a average one in my opinion but I appreciated the viewing nevertheless. Both The Changed Man and myself left the place at around 10.30pm because I had work the next day and The Changed Man had a midnight mahjong session to celebrate another friend's birthday. It was quite an enjoyable gathering because we had not been playing and laughing so hard (especially during the Munchkin game) for such a long time.

To TFC-ians: A couple of TFC-ians have discovered a photographer on Flickr who managed to take quite a number of photographs of Teresa during the CSS 2 auditions. I'll place the link here so that TFC-ians who are interested can go there and have a look since I had difficult saving the pictures. The URL link is http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightymousesg/sets/72157600050590981/

Ok, that's all for now. Will blog again as soon as I am able to. Take care everyone.

No comments: