Monday, April 30, 2007

Latest Message By Teresa to her supporters



For those who wishes to know the recent messages left by Teresa, below is a copy of the post by Teresa on Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:59 pm at TFC Yahoo! Group:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Everyone,I am Teresa here..... It had been a long long time since I last left a message here for you all. Sorry^^"


First of all I would like to say a thank you to Wen Long for your generous gift. As we have to move in a group, and due to the security, i was not able to say thank you and to show you my appreciation.

CSS2 has now started, wish that you all would render the same support to them like you had towards me for the past year, thank you very much.

As you all must be aware that this is the examination period, like everyone else with no exception, I am going through the examination period as well. There after, I would be going back to Taiwan to visit my friends and relatives there... It had been 3 years since I last went back to my birth place. After which I would be back here in Singapore, and towards to end of June, I would be involved in a NEA concert. Do not know whether is it open to public. There after in July, I would have 1 to 2 shows with MOE in celebration of SYF. Thomas or myself will keep you posted on the upcoming events.

In the meantime, for students, please work hard and wish that all of you all would pass your mid-year exam with flying colours. All working adults, wishing you all a very good and prosperous second half year of 2007.

Till then, do keep in touch.

With Love,Teresa Tseng
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly speaking, given the massive (but generally quiet) supporter strength of Teresa in her fanclubs and forums (approximately around 2000 minus the spammers), I do sometimes wish that Teresa can post to her supporters more often because it will definitely develop closer ties with her supporters but it's still comforting to know that she is doing what she can to post messages since she is trying very hard to juggle her midyear examinations alongside with all the official MediaCorp events that she is performing at.

On the topic of her upcoming performances at the NEA concert in June and SYF concert in July, I am personally very happy for her because it shows the kind and level of attention Teresa is getting from even the civil service ministries which must have appreciated her singing abilities as well as her healthy Campus Superstar image enough to invite her to perform for such events. As far as I know, these are major indicators that Teresa is gaining a firm and respectable foothold in the singing and performance scene in Singapore's calendar of events. It, of course, speaks volumes of how successful her Campus Superstar mini-career is.

I was observing Teresa during the Bishan Junction 8 event last Saturday and I was very comforted to see how attentive Teresa is during the event. While waiting for the cue to go onstage to pass the CSS banner to the new CSS 2 Top 20 contestants, she chosed to stand because the seat offered to her had an airconditioner vent behind which was blowing her hair out of place - Teresa respected the stage and did not want to stand onstage with any less-than-presentable appearance. Teresa also waited patiently and attentively for the cue, responding and readied herself in seconds when the cue was given. Both small actions demonstrated her professionalism and responsibliity in giving her best whenever the stage calls for her presence.

In 2006, after much deliberation and thought, I chosed Teresa as my favourite Campus Superstar and has since never hesitated to stand behind her for many reasons. The abovementioned two are just two of them.

To the CSS 2 contestants reading this, learn humbly and you will go far. Remember what Teresa had said to the twenty of you - 放轻松,多学,多看,多听,会辛苦一点的。The journey will be long, work hard, learn humbly and you will go far.


(Image source: blanketma, 28 Apr 2007, idollic.com/teresa)

(Message source: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/teresafc/)



No comments: