Wednesday, January 03, 2007

03 January 2007 End of the Day Post


03 January 2007 End of the Day Post:

I woke up around 7am today not because I have lessons but because it's time for an early breakfast. No, no, it's not because I am exceptionally hungry but it's a habit of mine to have my breakfast two hours before my gym session can start. After all the eating, drinking and celebrating for New Year Day, I must shed off those extra fats or end up being short of breath whenever I run around for my lessons.

Breakfast was a standard fare of roti prata and hot milo - full of carbohydrates and of course, flavour to wake myself up before I prepare for the exercises. The weights are not exactly light and I don't want to be crushed under those nasty icy-cold weights. I had a near accident before during my JC days and it was a close shave from death on the bench press.

After breakfast, I started twiddling with my Fallout Tactics game files because I have been modifying the game files with lots of real-life information in order to make the game even more realistic and fun to play with. This morning, I started on the enhancer drugs section where the characters can innoculate themselves with special medicines or steroids to improve their performances. It's quite similiar to real-life combat situations where sometimes adrenalin is used to hype up the soldiers before a difficult and dangerous mission.

Gym was the usual weights training on the shoulders and chest (without the running) because I have a meeting with a director of a tuition centre. The meeting took far longer than I expected (1.5hours) and I was literally starving at the end of it. I am still considering the business plan proposed by the director and it will probably take days to sort out those thoughts.

I had a pleasant surprise when I went for my afternoon lesson with one of my long-term student and he was very nice to prepare two presents for the festive season - both from Switzerland. The first one was a beautiful minature classical guitar because he saw my blog post on guitar-playing. I am going to find a nice place to display it in my room. The second one was a slab of Swiss chocolates but with a difference - it contained cognac (a type of strong liquor) and I am probably going to eat them after dinner on a full stomach in case I get drunk from eating those liquor-filled chocolates.

Dinner was simple fare of instant mee goreng and two fried eggs because I did not have too much of an appetite tonight and here I am at the keyboard typing this post after my dinner. I'll probably watch the performances of the female PSS 2 contestants because the theme for tonight and tomorrow night is super oldies and some of the songs sounded interesting and thus worth a viewing.

Hmm..come to think of it - I haven't really gotten down to thinking about my New Year resolutions for 2007. Perhaps I'll have to start setting some goals this year again...

(Image source:
selva, 30 Jun 2005, Flickr)

No comments: