Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Birthday Celebrations


Day One - Swenson's Lunch Treat By The Changed Man:

Yeah...how time flies...I have been quite busy in the previous two weeks trying my best to get the supporters of Teresa to go for the Hougang Mall Roadshow and lo and behold, my birthday has come knocking again. However, this year, I am doing a simple celebration this year, probably because I feel a little awkward doing large celebrations at my age.

Anyway, I started out with a simple lunch with The Changed Man at Chinatown Point and it had to be quite short because he has to clear some work on a Saturday afternoon. Poor thing. Swenson's lunch was pretty alright, considered that I had not really had the time to lunch there for some time now. I ordered a Caesar's salad and a Fish-and-Chips while The Changed Man helped himself to some of the salad, a chicken baked rice and some birthday sundae. We talked about his work and he mentioned some of his work plans for the coming year. We also joked about some of his scandalous adventures with the girls, which I shall not detail any of these here.

Day One - Comic Book Treat from Comics Connection:

After the brief one hour lunch, The Changed Man went back to his office to clear his work and I proceeded back to my place but not before going into the comics connections shop to buy myself a comic book to entertain myself for the remaining of the afternoon. I am thinking that the weather is still drowsy and lethargic today so a comic book reading session will be ideal. I chose my favourite Wind & Cloud comic series because I had been reading the series for a couple of years now. Recently, I didn't buy the series because my room is already packed with books, files and other miscellaneous stuff but since it's my birthday celebrations, I might as well reward myself with one of the volumes in the series. By the time I am done with this post, I finished the new comic volume and am a happier man with one more book to the collection.

Day Two - Birthday Cake Celebration with Family:

Even though at my age, my mother insisted a birthday cake celebration with the traditional red boiled eggs because she believed the ritual will bring good luck and peace for the new year in my life. It was a simple morning occasion in front of those birthday candles and a birthday wish, but it is still nice to have my family celebrating my birthday with me after all these years. I fed them with as much chocolate cake and red boiled eggs as they could stomach before I left for my afternoon lessons.

Day Two - Karaoke with The Changed Man:

After my afternoon lessons, I met up with The Changed Man because he wanted to make up for the hasty lunch he had with me the previous day. So both of us went to the Pasir Panjang Food Centre and we ordered a big round of dinner which included cooked sea-snails, fried sotong, satay, kangkong with some sweet sauce and barbequed chicken wings.

After filling our stomachs, The Changed Man opted for karaoke-singing and we headed off to the K-box n Clementi Central. And I had my longest ever karaoke session of more than five hours there from 7pm to 12am. My voice now is nearly hoarse from all the singing. We sang at least sixty songs between the two of us from singers like 李圣杰,张学友,陈奕迅,王力宏,陈伟联,张敬轩,光良,范逸臣,陶哲,张智霖,动力火车,周杰伦,张惠妹,梁静茹,飞儿乐团,梁咏琪,五月天 , 伍思凯,competing with a group of guys who were literally screaming atop of their voices a couple rooms down the line. It was really fun and it was also one of my most satisfying ktv session ever! The Changed Man was just as happy because he was able to practice with his falsetto and his rock renditions of some of the songs. =)


There is no cure for birth and death save
to enjoy the interval.

By: George Santayana, Soliloquies in England, 1922, "War Shrines" US (Spanish-born) philosopher (1863 - 1952)


(Image source: http://www.spcnet.tv/tinha/wind.shtml)
(Quote Souce:
http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/572.html)

No comments: