Saturday, January 06, 2007

My 2007 New Year Resolutions

Hmm....I think I am quite late in doing this but I have been so busy ever since New Year Day's celebrations ended. It's an unearthly hour to blog (2 a.m.) but since I am still waiting for my hair to dry, I might as well get started listing down my new year resolutions. I read quite a few new year resolutions on other blogs so I decide to present mine in a different format just for the fun's sake.

1) + 1 Luck: Didn't feel exceptionally lucky last year because I made quite a number of business mistakes which were pretty costly (amounting to thousands of dollars?). I think it will be nice to have a little bit of more luck to make my life better this year.

2) + 1 Agility: Not just physically agile but also mentally as it will be useful to handle the heavier workload in 2007. Physical agility will make sure I can travel from destination to destination more efficiently.

3) + 1 Intelligence: I am not really the brightest tool in the toolbox so I must work on that, even though it will be difficult since I am not that young anymore. Maybe I can read up a little more and increase my intelligence, which will be useful for my work and in many aspects of my life as well.

4) + 1 Charisma: Social skills a bit on the low end. I could not catch some of the witty jokes from my friends and I should have treated a few of my friends better since they have been nice to me but I sort of neglected them. Hopefully, a little bit more charisma willl help me bridge those social gaps.

5) + 1 Endurance:The physical endurance to strengthen my body and the mental endurance to survive all the viccisitudes of life. Such are improvements I would always welcome to have in 2007.

6) + 1 Perception: As I meet more and more people in the course of my work and life, I hope I can improve on my perception skills so I can prevent a poor judgement of character and save myself from unnecessary troubles. It's still quite a jungle out there.

7) + 1 Strength: After all the gym in 2006, I hope to gain some physical strength and mass so I'll look better in formal attire, which will hopefully offset my less-than-handsome physical appearance. As much as I loathe it, most people judge by first impressions and a good build can improve that impression by that much.

8) + 1 Finance: Earn and save more money for my future and in case of any rainy days. I am not a slave of money but with the prices of everything set to go up, I hope to achieve this and at least survive all those rainy days intact and contented enough.

9) + 1 Wisdom: All the above resolutions are useless if I don't have the wisdom to use them properly so I hope to have a little bit more wisdom in 2007 to enable me to use my attributes and resources to make myself and everyone I love happier or at least content.


No comments: