Monday, January 08, 2007

Recon @ Hougang Mall For 13 January Roadshow


Reconnaissance @ Hougang Mall For 13 January Roadshow:

I decided to go down to Hougang Mall to have a quick look at the area in which the roadshow event will be held and I took a long bus ride to reach there. Hougang is quite a backwater but everything is still nice and neat and I still like it despite the size of its mall

As I am not familiar with Hougang Mall (I have been there only three times and those were in quite a haste), I could not find the reception or concerige counter so I headed straight for the Hougang Mall Management Office because I believed they would definitely know about the details of the roadshow. When I reached the office at the fifth level, I realized that it was lunch time. I chosed to wait at the garden parapet overlooking a nice view behind Hougang Mall when a nicely-dressed lady came back with a packet of lunch. I approached and asked her about the event on Saturday and she looked really surprised to see me at the rather isolated entrance of the office. Three minutes later, I got the information I wanted and left my thanks with the polite lady to went to have a quick tour of the mall on my own.

The mall's interior design is quite packed (but brimming with all sorts of shops one can imagine) and I went from floor to floor, eyeballing the stage area and thinking of the best possible position for TFC supporters to view the roadshow on Saturday. I also went into the Hougang Community Library and borrowed four magazines (Two Times and Two Newsweek), and I then detoured into a computer games shop to see what they have in stock, as well as a gift shop to have a quick look at the soft toys there because I am still searching for one particular one for a gift.

When I reached the second floor, a customer service personnel from a chocolate shop approached me with samples of chocolates and I ate about three of them - one dark chocolate flavour, one hazelnut and one champagne-laced. They tasted great but I did not buy them because the reconnaissance was on my priority list and I was too thirsty to eat chocolates then. Maybe I'll get some of them for those TFC supporters who managed to turn up for Saturday's roadshow.

On the ground floor, I surveyed all the possible angles to the stage and physically walked around the stage to scout for the best possible spot for the fanclub's cameramen who would be photographing and/or filming the event. With a good idea of how the event would be looking on 13 January, I left Hougang Mall, satisfied and went back home to type a quick preliminary report on the fanclub's website. What is now left to do is to get as many TFC supporters to turn up for the roadshow...

(Image Source: http://www.hdbhousing.com/townhougang.htm)

No comments: