Thursday, May 03, 2007

Possible Songs Recommendations for CSS 2 Contestants


Okay...I have cross-examined as many songs as I can in the spare time I have for the CSS 2 contestants and there are the songs that I have compiled (in no particular order).

Against the popular belief that the songs must be from recent singers, I choose some of the songs here from older singers because I have focusing on the content and suitability of the songs for the contestants. I am deliberately picking songs, which can create performance and entertainment value in order to match the faces of the contestants.

This is why even though some of the songs may be a little dated but if you listen to the songs, and try to fit them into the youthful faces of the contestants, you will realize the songs can still work out to be enjoyable performances suitable for the competition and their singing abilities too.

So here's my personal recommendations of songs for the CSS 2 contestants. Have fun listening and thinking them through. =)

Male singers:

1.
只因为你 By 张栋梁
2.
就是爱你 By 陶喆
3.
男佣 By 吴克群
4.
天使 By 五月天
5.
某年某月某一天 By Energy
6.
专属天使 By Tank
7.
心碎的冰咖啡 By 熊天平
8.
在每一秒里都想见到你 By 王力宏
9.
我的好心情 By 苏有朋
10.
除此之外 By 范逸臣

Female singers:
1.
Fly Away By 梁静茹
2.
喜欢你 By 陈洁仪
3.
胆小鬼 By 梁咏琪
4.
你要的爱 By 戴佩妮
5.
自己 By 李玟
6.
分手第七天 By 黄湘怡
7.
爱, 无力 By 潘嘉丽
8.
最初的梦想 By 范玮琪
9.
天使在唱歌 By S.H.E
10.
他和她的故事 By 萧亚轩
.
Okay, I expected people to start asking how come the selection is mostly ballads and no dance tracks. It's because I don't think they are ready yet. I am not underestimating their abilities but I feel that at such an early stage of the competition, to throw in dance tracks straightaway may risk overstretching the available songs, as well as, risking the exposure of any possible weaknesses during dance performances.
.
Remember what Xu Huan Liang said about adding one mark for dance/fast songs, adding another mark if the dance/fast song performance is good but deducting 3 marks if it goes badly? I am just recommending safer selections for the time being.

Let me have...

the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
the strength to do the necessary,
the love to give to the deserving,
the wisdom to perceive such differences.


(Image source: TheD, 24 Mar 2003, stock.xchng)

No comments: