Saturday, June 30, 2007

Extract of Superstar Blogger BB's post on my post on QF 3A

Quite surprised to find my blog entry inside one of the Superstar Bloggers, BB, entries. As a gesture of courtesy, I replied to his comments too. It's not a retaliatory post against him - just a normal conversation between two bloggers. I fully respect his opinions on my blog posts.

F1 谢慧娴 喜欢你没道理 原唱者: 张韶涵, Angela

BB: Huixian best chance is to sell ‘cuteness’. She already sounded like some 7th Month Ge-tai singer at the last round with her nasal crying tone. If she acts anymore mature, she will be a total put off. Looking and sounding cute is definitely her biggest selling focus, dear. Btw, I am cute….

Sean: Agreed. I think Huixian is a soprano in her school choir so her voice is naturally and trained to be high but I personally thinks she has her own singing techniques. The hard part is still settling down on an appropriate stage image that is comfortable to the eyes and ears of the audience.

F2 许政宁 - Super No. 1 原唱者: 卓文萱, Genie

BB: This I am with you, Sean. Yes, pity this girl is playing cute and safe when she can attract male and female alike. A good ballad….I am not too sure because she hasn’t yet excel in her vocal range (she can if she works harder). I prefer Zhengning to look or act ‘shuai’. She is really more than just another ‘pretty vase’ in this competition.

Sean: I think Zhengning received some formal training from some music school in her free time so she has potential to give a good visual performance if she has enough practice in time. Her vocals need work but I won't call her "a pretty vase" because she may show improvements since her last performance. We'll wait and see ba.

F3 张芮恩 - 理想情人 原唱者: 杨丞琳, Rainie

BB: I see dead people. Frankly, Joanna is good vocally but her deadpan, cold fish lifeless facial emotions just turned me off. Many times, I wanted to run up to her and punch her face, dig her eyes, pinch her cheeks, slap her hard till her face swell up like a pig and take a scissor and anyhow cut her hair like some 'xiao char bo' or do something drastic and induce some real pain into her.
Somebody please chain me up next time when she is around me…..


Sean: Wah...not so serious ba? I believe by now, Joanna, would have received feedback from the judges to rectify her facial expression weakness but it is left to be seen if she will remember to un-stiffen, loosen up and focus her eyes appropriately on the cameras and audience.

M1 饶梓杰 - On The Way 原唱者: 黄俊源

BB: 100% not with you, Sean. I heard the Malaysian SuperStar singing this song. That fellow is quite hip and modern and able to dance very well. Zijie hasn’t proven yet that he can emote fast songs. Plus, Zijie as a rocker? Thanks for the joke. I see Pinocchio on drugs….

Sean: I did not hear the Malaysian Superstar perform this song but I agree that this song requires quite a lot to pull off successfully. Zijie hasn't really proved himself incapable either (or unlike you, I never got to see him rehearse this song and thus fully measured his capabilities for this song). Pinocchio? Heard his reputation as a joker but perhaps an image shift for this song may let people see beyond the joker into the potential as a Superstar?

M2 范平庚 Superman 原唱者: 曹格, Gary

BB: If Benjamin is focused enough, he can carry this song. Though I feel Fukuan will do even better with this piece. Cao Ge also not ‘sleazy’ what…so Benjamin doesn’t have to act like that…just a bit more sexy will do (like me lor).

Sean: I meant the song's feel as a little sensual. Haha...Anyway, I suppose Benjamin chosed this song for a reason. I will be looking at how Benjamin shakes off his JJ-like singing and challenge himself with another genre of song and performance.

M3 吴福宽 只对你说 原唱者:林俊杰, JJ

BB: Fukuan is one of the strongest in this contest. Capable to fight for the overall champion title only if he picks his song CAREFULLY. Not an easy one this time round. He did well at the last round with more ‘mi-si-ren’ manly expression. Yes, he can do better. People like to see a transformation and Fukuan is showing that…like what happened to Zhiyang last year. I predict he will get high scores from the judges but as a result people won't vote hard enough for him to stay on in the contest....(choy..choy...choy...).

Sean: Agreed with you. I think Fukuan knows what he is doing to maximise his vocal strengths but his stage presence is still a little stiff (body language and gesticulation). Votes-wise, it will be determined by how Fukuan can win over more votes from his supporters and even earn votes from swing-voters.


(Extract source: http://u.mediacorptv.com/css2/tabloid.htm)

Replies to tags:

<O-lEvEl>: No intentions to do that. I am not after fame, just hoping to give the contestants an extra viewpoint of their performances (if they choose to read and listen). No obligations on their parts at all.

<Pinky>: Well, the bacteria inside may kill me but I don't intend to end my life anytime soon or in that manner, so I will politely reject your suggestion.

<Adebayor>: Oh. I am surprised he reads my blog too. Thanks for informing me. Pro? No. I just give my honest opinions on their song selections. Maybe I am wrong about some parts but I'll just take those errors in my stride. I don't see his opinions as a form of firing though.

<Azlan>: I never intended to show my face right from the beginning. Yes. I am definitely not handsome because I am born that way. I accept that reality. Bald? No. Ugly like hell? Dunno. I never been to hell before.

<peepee>: Just came back and just read his post. See my replies to his comments ba.

<jo-josh's sis>: What to do? Can't control them so just let them be. Haha. I just treat them as entertainers on my tagboard. I am also thinking - my comments are rude meh? I was already very polite. Oh yes, the CSS 2 web address for the Superstar Blogger is above in the extract source.

No comments: