Saturday, August 11, 2007

My National Day 2007 Holidays Activities

Whilst walking around for a place to drink, I managed to snap this at the fountain area of Clark Quay.

Hmm..decided to write about what I had just did over the previous two days' worth of holidays due to National Day. I am not patriotic enough to wave the little Singaporean flag at the Esplanade and paint my face red and white but I am still grateful that this little country managed to provide the kind of security and freedom for me to continue my blogging and my way of life thus far. So, Happy Birthday Singapore!

08 August 2007 (Wednesday):

After work on Wednesday, I went to NYDC at The Hereen to meet The Changed Man and The Married Soldier for dinner. I had a craving for the ham and mushroom baked rice, and the mudpies there so I dragged both of them to eat there to satisfy my craving.
The Changed Man ordered a pizza called Hamburger Hill (which reminded the three of us about that bloody hill during the Vietnam War where both sides fought in countless skirmishes to control that silly knoll). The Married Soldier ordered a Chef's salad (which was quite tasty, especially the bread crumbs). I dug in with my favourite ham and mushroom baked rice and took another dessert - tiramisu mudpie. Yummy.

The three of us stayed there until 9.30pm before deciding to go to Clark Quay to find ourselves a place to drink. The whole quayside was packed full of people and there was even a restaurant with a belly-dancer entertaining the curious bystanders. As it was a public holiday's eve and the usual Ladies' night, it took us two tours of the entire place through the swamp of people to find ourselves a place to settle down.

We stopped by a pub with a live band called OneNightStand and ordered our drinks. As The Married Soldier was driving, he could only take some light cocktail. The Changed Man took his pint-sized beer and I helped myself to a bourbon and a Long Island Tea. The prices of drinks were quite reasonable and tasted alright and the live band was doing what it could to entertain the slightly more matured crowd in that pub, half of it was middle-aged foreigners with large beer bellies. The crowd there was much more subdued with only a couple of them dancing, while most of them just stood there drinking and listening to the band onstage.

At around 11.30pm, we decided to move off to find a place for supper and we called The Married Soldier's wife to tag along for supper along Bukit Timah Beauty World area. The four of us ordered Teochew porridge and had our drinks at another Indian shop along that stretch of shophouses. We parted company at around 2.30am.

09 August 2007 (Thursday):

I reached home at around 3am - bleary-eyed and stuffed full of food. The night was not over yet because I had to complete my blog post on the CSS 2 Semi Finals Round 4 performance previews. I also played a little bit of Titan Quest, a computer RPG game and made good progress by successfully breaking through a Chinese village over-ran by gigantic ogres. Headed for bed at around 5.30am and woke up again at around 11.30am.

I have a buffet lunch appointment with Prataz at City Hall MRT at around 1pm (more food again!) and he led me to this Chong Qing steamboat place at Suntec City basement - the food was very fresh and the service was excellent. We had about a total of around 25 plates of food and it took us around 2 hours to finish up all the food. I loved the ambience there as well especially when everyone else was cramming the Esplanade area for the National Day Parade and fireworks, thus leaving Suntec City basement area quite quiet and pleasing - a break from all the ruckus and noise from Clark Quay pubing the previous night.

After lunch, we left the place as the crowds started filling in the entire Marina area and I went home to rest at home. It was a good two-day celebration for me. What about you? =)

No comments: