Wednesday, August 01, 2007

01 August 2007 End of the Day Post

Nail Clipping on The Bus:

I was on my way to work yesterday and I found a digusting pair of what looked like a mother and a daughter. Both of them dressed very well and looked quite tai-tai-ish and I was just trying to nap away at the back of the bus when the mother who sat in front of me started clipping her nails on the bus. Alright...I thought to myself, maybe she had some split nail that must be taken care of immediately. So I closed my eyes again to nap and then I heard the clipping going on and on. Apparently, the mother was clipping away at all TEN of her fingernails and simply brushing those nails onto the floor of the bus. Then she passed the nail-clipper to her daughter, which did exactly the same thing.

I was utterly disgusted and of course, sickened by the sight that my nap on the bus was ruined. What is the world coming to? Beating up of bus drivers? Peeling prawns on the bus? Now, clipping nails?!? Where did all the civility in the people go to?

Maybe it's the pace of life. Maybe it's the stress. Maybe it's the education system. Maybe the people simply don't care about such things anymore. I am getting more worried about how life can go on with such un-civilised people around.

Sexual Orientation - Pre-Determined By Genes or Shaped By Environment?

The Holy Bitch passed me one of her interesting videos links on the above-mentioned because we were discussing about the increasing number of gays and lesbians on the streets of many cities. So while we were at it, we began to wonder if sexual orientation is determined simply but our genitials or is it actually embedded in our genes or actively shaped by the very environment that we are in?

So this 2-minute video is for those who are academically-inclined or are simply curious about how all these sexual orientation debates come about. It does not explain completely why the phenomenon in the video is so but it does open up more ground for exploration and discussion. After all, this world still contains many mysteries and challenges awaiting for people to explore and re-explore issues again.

School Videos of the Top 4 Females in CSS 2:

Blanket of Teresa's fanclub sent me a link, which features the self-made videos of the four girls about their activities in their respective schools. The four videos reveal refreshing sides to the four girls away from stage and although far from professional, I suppose it's the sincerity within the videos that count.

Oh yes, there is a guest appearance of Teresa on Huixian's video footage and for all the faithful supporters of Teresa, they can get to see the plain and even playful side of Teresa (the V-sign after one of the singing portions). I think they really like the song Xiang Nian Ni De Ge very much that they sang it again and again and again. Hahaha...XD

CSS 2 Semi-Finals 3 Song List:

The song list is out on MediaCorp's Channel U's website but I'll need some time to go through the songs before I can make my pre-performance commentary because I don't really know all the songs for this round. So for those who are following my CSS 2 blog series, please be patient. The post should be out within these couple of days.

(Video Source: http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/68/gay_or_straight)
(Video Source: http://www.xin.sg/article.php?article=7617&category=82)

No comments: