Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Movie Review: Hitman (2007), Christmas Album with MediaCorp Stars, Random Pictures For Fun

Movie Review: Hitman (2007)
I went to watch the movie with one of my students as it was his school holiday and the movie turned out alright. Plotwise, the movie is about a professional top assassin who was betrayed by the very organization (called "The Organization", duh) which he was working for and he went on a search to find out why. In the process, a prostitute was somehow involved in it and there was some vaguely amusing scenes as the prostitute engaged in witty exchanges with the cold-blooded assassin who seemed to have a soft spot for her (he did not kill her even though he killed almost everyone else who had seen his face).

The action was good but a little exaggerated because Hitman 47 seemed nearly invincible, and easily tackled an entire battalion of Alpha soldiers (elite Russian Special Forces) without a sweat. But the ways in which he handled his assassination assignments were quite creative and I suppose those reflected some of the tricks used in the original computer game.

I would rate the movie a 3 out of 5 because of the ingenuity of the assassin himself and that he really looked the part with his bald but very cool-minded head. Some of the nudity scenes rendered the movie NC-16 but I really thought those scenes were totally unnecessary as they did not contribute to the overall plot of the movie.

Christmas Album with MediaCorp Stars:

I have received news that the MediaCorp annual Christmas Album for Dec 2007 is out on the shelves but sickeningly for me, the shops around my vicinity seemed to be backdated and I could not buy myself a copy yet even at the time of this blog post.

Anyway, I was happy to receive a kind consolation from one of Teresa's fanclub members. She gave the following picture, which was actually a calendar poster given together with the album. I was grateful but surprised as well because I had thought MediaCorp had promised a music video of the album but instead a calendar was included in its place. Nevertheless, I am putting the poster up here as eye-candy for all those readers who have not bought the album yet.



Random Pictures For Fun:

I was conducting a lesson with one of my students when he brought out a souvenir from his holiday trip - a rubber band gun! It's amazing because I have never seen such a weapon before. He demonstrated how it worked to me and the weapon can actually load up to 20 rubber bands.
The whole thing brought back fond memories of my schooldays where rubberband wars were in fashion then. Classmates would bring all sorts of rubberbands weapons that they had invented and used to them against other classmates, adding much fun and craziness in-between those boring classes. I wished I had this rubberband gun back then - with its technological edge, I would have been the overlord in those rubberband wars! Hahaha...

Wooden rubberband gun with a magazine capacity of 20 rubber bands. The range was impressive - up to about 20 metres (which would have been more than enough in a classroom rubberband war..hahaha)

Another random picture of my dinner (Seafood Claypot at $4.80) last night at an undisclosed location. It's beee eons since I ate claypot rice because it is very heaty but last night was draughty and cold so it was the perfect time to enjoy a steaming claypot rice. Nice juicy prawns.

No comments: