Monday, January 21, 2008

Happie Bday To Mie 2008 Parts I and II

Birthday Celebrations For 2008 (Part II):

Well, since I have some time before I need to rush off, here are some of the random pictures that I have taken throughout the course of the birthday celebrations thus far. More to come because it ain't over yet! Heehee...

Nice CNY decorative clusters of purple-pink flowers hanging down at Century Square Shopping Centre at Tampines. I caught this in the middle of the crowd. At least my hands were steady this time round. Heh.

Picture of Birthday Cake and Food From Parents

(archived in computer instead)

This was the birthday cake that my parents bought for me. Yes, they insist on celebrating my birthday even though I am already of such an advanced age - so sweet of them. It was a chocolate cake from Notice the red eggs on the right - they are traditionalists who believes that cracking red eggs on birthdays will bring luck and drive away evil influences. Notice the beehoon on the left - they believe eating them will prolong my stay here on earth so that I can continue to save the world.

Where is the picture, you might ask? Not showing here because all of you would be able to make an estimate of my age from the number of candles on the cake. How old am I? Don't tell you, bleh~~~

This was one of my favourite breakfast - one plain and one cheese roti prata at an undisclosed location. Since it was the week of my birthday celebrations, I could not resist ordering it for one of my breakfasts even though it's heaty, oily, sinful and bad for my singing voice. Hahaha...
This was one of the best fillet fish Western hawker food (priced at $5.00 + $0.50 egg)that I have tasted in years. I came across it accidentally whilst stopping somewhere near Aljunied MRT - I think the hawker centre was like 400 metres away, near the bus interchange. The fillet was fresh and smooth. The fries were missing from the picture because they weren't ready at the time but it was served 5 minutes later, fresh from the kitchen, piping hot.
This was the Chocolate of A Thousand Leaves cake that I was eating during my stay at Coffee Bean at Parkway Parade. Why was I there? Because I have a few Teresa's fanclub supporters who were going for the SPOP Songwriters' Concert at Ngee Ann Polytechnic last Friday and I thought it would be a good place to read newspapers, eat cake and coordinate them via handphone should something occurred. True indeed, they were abit nervous because they did not see Teresa performing Yu San at song number five. The reason - she appeared right at the end because she was rushing down from school. Glad I chosed Coffee Bean instead of moving outside on the road. To the person who took the fanclub exclusive photos that Friday, I am chasing for them officially on my blog liao. Oiie...
This was another CNY decorations at Toa Payoh HDB Hub. Notice it was flowers again. Seemed like a continual theme for most of the shopping malls this year round. It was taken when I was rushing to Bishan Junction 8 to meet another fanclub supporter for afternoon tea. Considering how fast I was moving through that walkway that day, I think it was a good enough shot as I turned, snapped and flew straight into HDB Hub. Heehee...


Birthday Celebrations For 2008 (Part I):

Actually my birthday celebrations will span over nearly a week and it has already started since last Saturday but because I was busy with the SPOP Songwriters' Concert at Eastpoint Mall so there was little mention about it.

Anyway, that day did not end for me after the concert was over around 5plus because I went to Tampines Mall with two of Teresa's fanclub supporters, Michelle and Jiewei to have some food and eventually a movie.

The three of us went window-shopping at Tampines Mall, mingling happily with the weekend crowd there. We eventually setttled down at Starbucks because Coffee Bean was fully packed. Michelle and myself ordered cakes (she had some cheesecake and I had a chocolate mousse) so reward ourselves for a good day at Eastpoint Mall.

After eating and resting, we continued our window-shopping until we reached the top floor where the cinema was and Michelle said that One Missed Call was a very exciting movie but she was too afraid to watch it alone. You guessed it - Jiewei and myself decided to be nice and watch the movie with her. We toured the place twice before settling down at Yoshinoya to have dinner and I was having fun trying to outstare a toddler at the next time who kept staring at me eating. No prizes for guessing who won the staring match.

The so-called horror movie turned out to be a comedy for both of us whilst Michelle was cowering behind her two hands in front of her face! Hahaha...The movie was simply a spin-off from the famous The Ring movie in Japan a number of years ago and except for the deserted hospital scene which was quite impressive (looked very similar to the attacked Umbrella Installation in Resident Evil: Extinction), most of the other scenes were un-scary, or outright humourous - like one scene in which a friend of the female protagonist suddenly appeared and said "Which one?" when their supposedly battery-less handphones started ringing on the sofa in the middle of the night.

My verdict - Don't watch One Missed Call unless you just have some spare time and cash on hand. Well, I think Michelle had her fair share of being scared out of her wits though and I had to whisper my movie enquiries (deliberately) to her during the movie to keep her from being locked in a perpetual petrified state. Hahahaha.
Stay tuned to my birthday celebrations Part III and Part IV publishing in a couple day's time! =)

No comments: