Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happie Bday To Mie Part III and Part IV

Birthday Celebrations 2008 Part IV : Movie - American Gangster
After dinner at NYDC Holland Village, the three of us decided to try and catch and movie and both of them actually chosed Alien versus Predator 2 at VivoCity and we proceeded in The Married Soldier's vehicle. However, when we reached there, the movie had already started and hence we picked another movive - American Gangster. It turned out to be a very entertaining and informative movie. It's about how one of the greatest kingpins, Frank Lucas, in America rose to power through a combination of wit, intelligence, discipline and sometimes, fiery rage. The kingpin was arrested eventually but he helped the police tracked down all the corrupted policemen and foreign nationals, which helped made America then to be so drug-rampant.

I loved the movie and it was the good acting and the gripping plotline that made the movie captivating. I would definitely recommend the movie if you are those that preferred acting to shooting and kissing scenes. Hahaha. One good movie after one good meal - Perfect!

Birthday Celebrations 2008 Part III: Dinner and Dessert at NYDC
One of the best places to hang out at Holland Village, in my opinion, is NYDC. Why? Because the ambience is comfortable, the service is friendly and polite, and the food is absolutely delicious. I met The Changed Man and The Married Soldier for dinner and dessert as part of my birthday celebrations and we ordered NDYC's famous baked rice and mudpies. I didnt' take pictures of the food because by the time we reached there, we were all famished and we tucked in as soon as the food was served.

However, mudpies were slower because we were busy chatting about our exploits and adventures over the past week. The above picture showed Band Aid Mudpie - slighly alcoholic but yummy to the taste buds. The below photograph showed Tiramisu Mudpie - one of my favourites not because of the colourful chocolate rice, but because of the perfect proportion of cake, ice-cream and fudge.


Birthday Celebrations 2008 Bonus: SPOP Victory For 《雨伞》

Word had reached me amidst my celebration that the SPOP song, Yu San, had made it to the top 6 song compositions of the competition. This was the icing on the cake for my birthday celebrations because the voting efforts of faithful supporters of Teresa, supporters of Dione Tan, and supporters of the song itself had not gone to waste.

Although I don't have the actual statistics, personally , it was another affirmation that the Campus Superstar of my choice, Teresa Tseng, has proven her worth once again that she continues to be able to shine with her singing, propelling the song well enough to earn the confidence and collective action of the various groups of supporters throughout the population of music listeners to send the song to the semi-finals.

The SPOP competition is not over though, since it's only the semi-finals and there would be another few more rounds of voting but for now, there is a definitely a cause for quiet celebrations. I have already sent my congratulations to the girl and I hope she will be give the chance to be featured in the upcoming music video for the song Yu San in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, my birthday celebrations have simmered to an end even though I am still receiving ice well-wishes across the various communication channels.

My heartfelt thanks to all those well-wishes, Natasha, skyvel, zena, LK, Cuiping, Michelle, Xiangrui and many more whom I cannot openly name here. Take care and have a good weekend ahead!

No comments: