Saturday, November 17, 2007

Arcade Trip and Lunch, Visit to VIP friend, Andy Lau: The Heroic Celebrity

Arcade Trip and Lunch:

Yesterday, I went to Bugis Junction with a friend for lunch and to play arcade again. Yes, you may thnk that arcade games are a thing of the past but a portion of my childhood did come from arcade games centres when personal computers were still very expensive then.

We ate Japanese food for lunch and immediately proceeded to check out the large arcade centre at the basement level of Bugis Junction. The place is huge, newly-renovated with powerful blasts of airconditioning ventilating the whole area. My friend was a huge fan of those large machines wherein if one manages to push enough items from those moving trays into the collection chutes, one would get a medium sized soft plushie. So she went on with about twenty dollars and tried her skill and luck with the machine of her choice.

It was really fun watching her manoeuver that strange mechanical arm to scoop those packets of sweets from that moving belt and then watch her aim to release those sweets to the two piles of sweets on another two moving platforms. She bagged no toys but managed to get the two of us nearly one hundred assorted sweets and wafers. Thank you so much! Glad you had so much fun!

For me, I ended up playing nothing because most of my favourite arcade games are no longer there. In their places were some strange Chinese war strategy games, weird shooting games and racing games, which I am not very familiar with. Fortunately, all these were offset by the loot my friend had won from that machine and I derived my fun and excitement just watching the whole process, which was just as new to me. We parted company in the late afternoon because I had to visit my VIP friend.

Visit to a badly hurt VIP friend:

One of my friends is badly hurt. It happened a few days ago and I was busy trying to get hold of information of how he is coping and of course finding all sorts of ways to help him recover. Hence, I had been so busy that I could not update my blog as timely as I would have wanted to. This VIP friend actually was injuried last year but he was foolish enough to ignore it and managed to gloss it over without anyone knowing about it. The second time he got injuried, the consequences were twicefold and he was totally out of action and under seriously heavy medication.

Right now, he is still under treatment and close medical attention. Sadly, I am no doctor and there is nothing else I can really do except to wait and see what happens to him next. Shit happens and we all know this philosophy but no matter how often bad things happen, the unpleasant taste in the mouth is always there, no matter how mentally-prepared I am.

S-POP HURRAY! - Opening Concert Part 1

The following is the songs list for the coming SPOP concert.

26 Nov, Mon 7pm Debut Song List:


JJ 林俊杰 - 流行主教、翅膀、西界、絖南、不流泪的机场、木乃伊, 杀手
Kelly 潘嘉丽 - shakalaka Baby、一分钟的永远
迷路兵 - 泪
梦飞船 - 天天好心情、不值得
邓妙华 - 牵引、愫、温柔的夜
吴庆康 - 我的朋友我的同学
郑展伦 - 我用真心填满你的孤单
卓轩正、范平庚、李俊纬 - 有用的人
伍家辉、黄韵仁 - 一人一半
田铭耀、卓坊林 、Sugi - 阿Ben 阿Ben
汤灵伊、阮诗縚、谢慧娴、黄韵琴 - 我们这一班
巫启贤 - 星空下、故人的酒觞、鹰、唇边的笑意、悟、邂逅、走过年少、梦湖、你是我的唯一、红尘来去一场梦、太傻
黎沸挥、陈铿百、官镜瀚、谢子伟 - 只有你能完成我的歌、爱如潮水、等你等到我心痛, 说走就走
潘盈 - 让夜轻轻落下
洪劭轩 - 从你回眸那天开始
玖健 - 羞答答的玫瑰静悄悄地开
黄宏墨 + Alternative Band - 野人的梦、笨鸟的表白
蔡礼莲 - 关怀方式
王建復 - 最高点
杨佳盈、曾裕淑、许政宁、慧伶 - 胆小鬼
孙文海、张乐声 - 一千个伤心的理由
陈世维、陈迪雅 - 爱和承诺
陈世维 - 我等到花儿也谢了
陈伟联 - 城里的月光、走出黑暗的日子、细水长流, 小人物的心声, 触摸, 普通的人

(Source: MediaCorp Communities SPOP Forum, starzger, 31 Oct 2007)

Andy Lau: The Heroic Celebrity




刘德华前晚(11月6日)在成都进行内地巡回演唱会最后一站时,他再度发挥“华英雄”本色,勇救一名冲破保安防线欲上台送花、却被十多名保安围攻的男歌迷,华仔情急下从两米高台跃下,阻止动粗事件发生,华仔被全场6万观众称赞是英雄,不过他也当众教训歌迷要守演唱会规矩,更笑言想不到加插了一个高难度...

The translation in English: On November 16, Andy Lau was in the Chinese city of Chengdu on his concert tour's last stop when he demonstrated his heroism again by bravely rescuing a male fan who broke through the security ring to send him flowers onstage. The male fan was surrounded by more than ten concert security guards who began raining blows on him. Out of great concern of the situation, Andy took a dangerous 2 metre jump from the stage to intervene. All the sixty thousand strong audience praised Andy's heroic efforts but the latter also public reprimanded the fans, appealing for them to obey concert rules and quirked that he does not really want to perform another stunt like that again.

I was reading Kewei's blog a few days ago when I saw this terrible incident. I really have to wonder. Those concert security guards are behaving more like thugs guarding territory than really protecting Andy. The male fan obviously only wanted to give flowers and ended up being beaten up the concert security guards. The worst part is that when Andy jumped from the stage, they were actually attempting to fight off Andy from intervening their beating of the male fan. Thankfully, Andy is alright. Thank you, Kewei for sharing this news on her blog.

Note to self: Must always check the calibre and integrity of security teams to prevent such things from happening in any future events that I may organize.

No comments: