Monday, February 04, 2008

Chinese New Year Preparations, Pasta Mania Lunch at Causeway Point, Spring Cleaning My Room

Chinese New Year Preparations:

I ordered cookies from two girls who were very enthusiastic about baking CNY goodies - Agnes (CSS 2) and Natasha (Singing enthusiast) and I finally got the cookies today. The ones in the foreground (flower-shaped) cookies are butter cookies from Agnes and the ones on the background left are almond cookies from Natasha. I haven't tasted them so there is no verdict on those cookies yet but they do make a nice addition to the stash of CNY goodies in my house right now. Thank you, Agnes and Natasha! =)

The red box on the background right contains delicious gourmet chocolates from a friend who surprised me by sending them in using courier service. It's actually a belated birthday present and I really appreciated the thoughtfulness of that friend who went through all the trouble to find nice chocolates for me. Thank you, my friend.

Now, I have one final task for the collection of CNY goodies. I need to look for ice-cream for my family. Any good recommendations out there? Speak free.

Pastamania Lunch at Causeway Point:

I was having lunch at Causeway Point on Sunday because I had a craving for pasta. The Pastamania at the basement changed its menu and my favourite Prawns and Shrooms is no longer available. Sobs~~~ So I decided to try something different and saw Carbonara as a chef's recommendation item on the menu.
When it was served, I took a picture. It's priced at $10.95 and I must say it was not a disappointment at all because the bacon pieces were well-fried and fragrant. The sauce was also very delicious even though I think they put a little bit too much white sauce on it. So go ahead and try it if you folks want to. Just remember that you have to have a stomach for that kind of sauce because it is quite heavy-tasting on the Carbonara.

Spring Cleaning My Room:

I decided Sunday was it - I need to clean up my room or it will become like some stink-hole. So I went about throwing away all my current affairs notes because they were already passe. I also dusted and wiped my study table, which was accumulating dust and cobwebs. I threw away a lot of stationery which was useable last year but no longer so when I tested them again. Spring cleaning never fails to amaze me that I could accumulate so much junk stuff and odds and ends around and after about two solid hours, the room finally looked a lot more organized and cleaner. I also emerged smeared with dust and sweat as I was struggling to heave those tons of reference books in my room.
I think my room is ready for Chinese New Year now but am I? Hahaha. Hope so. =)

No comments: