Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Edison Chen's public apology and appeal about the nudge photos incident, Modifications and Updates on My Blog

Edison Chen's public apology and appeal about the nudge photos incident:





Well, although a lot of people are pounding Edison Chen about the incident, I personally think the blame cannot be entirely put on him. If he is to shoulder any responsibility I would blame him for his carelessness not to protect such photographs from public view when he sent his computer for repairs and thus leaking those photographs out. There is talk about him using a spycam to take some of those photographs but Interpol did not accuse him of anything yet so I cannot blame him on that ground either.

Hmm...choosing to hav sexual relationships, regardless of being celebrities or not, at their ages, is nothing unforgivable since they are all consenting adults. The bad thing however is that because they are celebrities, such affairs should not have been made public because it will probably do a lot of damage to their careers and embarass many of their supporters. Now that so many people have seen and perhaps even kept those photographs, undoing the damage will take more than just a public apology, especially since they are celebrities and are considered recognizable icons of the music and entertainment scene in the region. What else is there to do? I suppose that's the duties of their celebrity managers.

Good luck Edison and all the people involved in the incident! Hope they can recover from it soon!

Modifications and Updates to My Blog:

I believe the regular visitors to my blog would have noticed some of the changes by now. And I would like to detail those changes here in the hope that visitors will have even more fun coming here and finding this place useful.

1) Blogroll Updates (At Sidebar):

Cuiping (Singing Enthusiast), Agnes (CSS 2), Choon Keat (CSS 2)

2) Added Youtube Video Playlist of Teresa's Performances (At Top Below Slideshow):

I complied as many of the girl's performances on Youtube into a playlist and put it together with the slideshow for visitors to enjoy. Although some of the videos' quality is not good, but her singing still comes through quite clearly.

3) Added Time and Date Display (At Sidebar Before Cbox):

Although I believe there is always a time for everything and everything has its time, awareness of the progression of time is also necessary so that we don't waste the most valuable resource on earth idling away or doing or saying unconstructive things.

4) Added Weather Forecast Display (At Sidebar After Cbox):

Well, I was hoping for a cuter-looking one displaying Singapore's weather but most of the weather forecast gadgets online were for other countries so I have to make do with this for now. It shows really strange things like pressure and humidity, which most people won't be bothered to care about but I suppose information is still information - you never know it may come in handy on some days. I will try to upgrade this to some satellite-based ones if possible. Give me some time to look.

5) Added Daily Zodiac Horoscopes (At Sidebar After Weather Forecast):

Just click on your zodiac sign or right-click to open in another tab and it will display your daily, weekly and monthly horoscope. It's quite nifity and I hope it will be useful and fun for visitors to play with whenever they visit this blog.

6) Added Famous Quotes From Memorable People (At Sidebar After Zodiac Horoscopes):

This is another useful widget which I found whilst surfing hundreds of widgets over the past few days. Not only does it show the quote and the person saying it, most of the time, there is even a picture attached to the quote so that you will know who said it. The quotes will change every 30 seconds so nobody will be bored with the same quotation again and again.

7) Added Google Search Engine (At Sidebar After Famous Quotes):

This is one of my favourite search engines on the Internet so it deserves a place on my blog too. Visitors can use it to further their awareness of any topics that they are interested in and another window will pop-up with the search results, leaving my blog page unchanged. Have fun!

8) Major News and Current Affairs RSS Feed Reader (At Sidebar After Google Search Engine):

This is one of the most difficult feature for me to do because most of the RSS readers I found on the Internet could not fit into my blog's sidebar and could not support enough feeds from all the major sites that I would love to include. After a number of hours, I finally found this widget which can fulfill all my requirements. Use the Menu button or scroll arrows atop of that RSS Reader to scroll through all the major news and current affairs and entertainment news across the world. The font size is not the same as my blog's but oh well, I can't have everything as perfect given my limited Internet skills. Hope everyone can find it useful for their research and updates on all the ba-gua.

9) New and Upcoming Movie Trailers (At Bottom of Blog):

I love movies and I want to know what new movies will be coming to our screens so I found this interesting widget which will show all these, including a trailer of those movies as well. Now instead of just relying on Yahoo! Movies, I have another source of advanced information to check out those movies which I really want to watch! Yay~~~

10) Virtual Earth Satellite Map (At Bottom of Blog after Movie Trailers):

This is such a cool application because it has three to four map engines and by using the appropriate ones, you can actually zoom in all the way until you are about one kilometre from the street level in any part of Earth! Yes, I actually could see the details of the rooftops of buildings in Singapore. However, the map would not allow users to go all the way until the street level to cars and people but I think that could be done with the non-civilian version. In any case, it's very very useful for visitors to locate certain buildings anywhere on the planet and definitely helps in the study of Geography for student visitors because they can see all the various land features clearly using the satellite views.

11) National Geographic Photo Of The Day (At Bottom of Blog After Virtual Earth):

As seen from the URL title of my blog, I respect Nature and I appreciate good photography of Nature at her most wonderful moments. The application will host one photo everyday for visitors to enlarge and even learn about the picture and the natural environment, which I like.

Alright, it will be time for me to have my reunion dinner soon so I would like to wish everyone here a Happy and Prosperous Chinese Lunar New Year! I will come back with more photos of my Chinese Lunar New Year celebrations so do stay tuned! =)

No comments: