Monday, February 25, 2008

Late Night Supper of Prata, Leisure Lunch of Prawn Noodles, VCD: Pirates of The Carribean - At World's End, Music Commentary

Late Night Supper of Prata:

It was already 12.00am and I was sitting at a famous stretch of supper stalls near Beauty World somewhere near Bukit Timah. That place boasts a number of stalls but The Changed Man, who grabbed me out for supper, wanted to eat his nasi goreng so I had a cheese and an egg prata, which was very filling.

The Changed Man actually wanted to have an late night jog but I was way too tired for exercises at that hour after more than thirteen hours of lessons. So we had supper instead and it really brings back fond memories of those schooldays where school projects were so massive that overnight stays were common occurrences and so were late night suppers.

However, both of us did not stay late because he had to work the next Monday morning. He told me that that place is usually more happening on Saturday nights. I did see some beautiful people and a couple of expensive sports cars parking nearby so I suppose it would be a nice place to hangout on Saturday nights if one wants to people-watch whilst having supper.

Leisure Lunch of Prawn Noodles:

Usually, I avoid prawn noodles because the taste is very strong but today I woke up really late and skipped my breakfast so I opted something to wake me up. Picked a noodle stall and was pleasantly surprised because it tasted quite good with big juicy prawns, cuttlefish, fish cake, pork slices, bean sprouts and a nice helping of spring onions. Yummy.

After eating, I went to look for vcds to entertain myself today because I intended it to be a stayhome offday.

VCD - Pirates of The Carribean - At World's End:

Initially, I wanted to make use of today's off time to go watch L Change The World Movie but my VIP Friend, The Changed Man, advised me against it, saying that while he was watching the movie last Sunday, he found it to be the worst movie he had ever watched in his life, and he actually wanted to leave the cinema in the middle of the show. He said even if I pay him ten dollars and watch the movie for free, he would rather do something else with his time.

After his commentary, I changed my mind and went around trying to find Death Note I and II VCDs but to my utter dismay, all the shops said they were out of stock for those two movies. Disappointed but refused to return home empty-handed, I spent an hour browsing through the shops and finally found Pirates of The Carribean - At World's End. I watched it before and I thought it was a keeper for my VCD collection so I spent about two hours at home re-enjoying the movie. Ah...a nice afternoon, munching love letters (CNY goodies) and watching the movie in the comfort of my room.

Music Commentary: on different versions of songs between Kewei Tay and Aska Yang:

I was surfing Kewei's blog and noticed her recent post about how one of her demo songs' tune was used inside one of Aska Yang's latest album.

I listened to both versions and found that Aska's version had radically changed the lyrics of the original song but ended up worse because I personally felt that the new version had such a confusing mix of emotions and feelings that I could not realistically connect to the song.

On the other hand, although some of the lyrics in Kewei's original demo version were a little too abstract and thus a little tripping, the feel was much better.

It's of course my own opinion, which I left on Kewei's blog, about which version is more connected and pleasing to my taste. Why don't all the music and singing enthusiasts reading my blog listen to both version and decide for yourselves? Feel free to comment. Speak free.

Kewei's demo version:





<我们的寂寞>

曲:谢布玮 词:谢布玮

以为我能够永远躲在你背后

做你的避风港口

跟随你的快乐 我也心动

如果你难过 我也会心痛

那天在雨中看到你失魂落魄

我知道你有话要说

你不应该闪躲 你有了新生活

眼泪只会拖着我们的难过

当~ 爱情走到尽头

你说你不能够 照顾我的每个感动

如果你不会再编织借口

你怎么不说 你想出去走走

当~ 爱情已经放手

你就不该停留 分享我的喜悦哀愁

怎么你重复犯错 留下不走

要我面对我们的寂寞

楊宗緯 Aska Yang's version:


No comments: