Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Movie Review: Die Hard 4.0





With no available YouTube videos on the CSS 2 revival round performance (I missed it due to work commitments), my performance reviews of the contestants may have to wait till this coming Saturday, after I have watched the replay on television. Meanwhile, I suppose the blogging continues so here I am with some other blog posts to entertain those who have been reading my blogging ever since it started last year.

Movie Review: Die Hard 4.0

I like action movies. I like action movies by Bruce Willis because he represents the reluctant policeman who struggles with his personal life and family relationships but has to be a hero because of circumstances way beyond his imagination but he takes all the obstacles with a dry, wry humour and gets over all of them in whatever creative ways he can.

Die Hard 4.0 is one such movie. As senior detective John McClane was about to go home after a quarrel with his estranged daughter, he was given a midnight assignment to bring in a young hacker, Matt Farrell (Justin Long), because there was a security breach in the computer systems of some government institutions. Before McClane realized the magnitude of the problem, he and the young hacker were being chased by assassins from the master villain behind the hacking breach. From there onwards, it was a wild cat-and-mouse chase as John McClane tried to locate the criminals after they kidnapped his daughter in a bid to negotiate McClane away from interfering from the "Fire House Sale" hacker raid on the entire USA.

The plot is simple but stunningly scary because so many of us are overly-dependent on electronics and computers to get our everyday lives running and the hackers in the movie made use of this very fact to cripple an entire country, driving panic and chaos into everybody. As usual, John McClane overcame the tremendous odds (he was no good with computer stuff) with wit, brute force and sheer luck, and of course, help from Matt Farrell (a fun-seeking hacker who finally realized that one of his programmes was used to create the chaos) whom he had rescued countless times from the assassins. The action scenes were undeniably good though quite impossible to imagine to be able to survive unless one has the incredulous luck of John McClane. I supppose heroes do have heroes' luck.

Does the world need to relook at our over-dependence on electronics and computers? Yes, before some hackers as brilliant as those in the movies decide to try their version of online apolycapse on us. Oh well, I know too little about computers to prevent that anyway. I'll leave that to the pros instead. In any case, it was a nice movie as I munched away my popcorn in the threatre.

Read My Mind By The Killers Music Video



The Holy Bitch, one of my VIP friends, once showed me this very nice music video and I am putting this up to tell her to take care of herself, wherever she is in the world right now. I was very impressed by how the singer emotes the song and handles his endnotes. They were very smooth and comfortable to the ears and the lyrics were very beautifully done. I am not really a fan of English songs but this is one of the best I have heard so far. I hope everyone can enjoy it too. Have a good week ahead.

(Image source: http://sg.movies.yahoo.com/Die+Hard+4/movie/13883/)
(Video source: YouTube February 08 2007 TheBoss012)

No comments: