Sunday, October 14, 2007

Birthday Celebrations, Videos n Songs Recordings, and Updates To My Blog

Birthday Celebrations For The Married Soldier:

Yesterday was The Married Soldier's birthday and her wife, whom I decided to call The Thrower of Plastic Dogs (you will know the reason behind the nickname later), had organized a surprise birthday dinner at Mellben Seafood Resturant, as well as a board game session at Settlers' Cafe.

The Changed Man and I went to the Mellben Seafood Restaurant at around 6pm and started an hour's worth of wait before we finally got ourselves a table for four. We ordered the house special's claypot soup crab, a black pepper crab, some vegetables, fried beancurd, BBQ chicken wings and chicken satay. It was quite a spread and all four of us tucked in heartily.

After dinner, at around 8.30pm, we went to the Settlers' Cafe at Holland Village because it was one of the favourite activities for The Married Soldier. The Thrower of Plastic Dogs initially suggested KTV but I was still nursing the sore throat so we had to settle for games, which turned out to be a good idea too. We tried out as many board games as we could at Settlers' Cafe and the following photographs showed some of the more memorable ones that we played last night.

This is the food and beverage menu of Settlers' Cafe. Quite unusual and eye-pleasing.

We tried playing this game about planning a 10-day journey across Africa but it was too much brainwork for the four of us, especially after such a heavy dinner. We gave up after two rounds because The Changed Man won two consecutive rounds without manoeurving because he had such good cards in his deck.


This was one of the interesting games that we played called "Walking The Dogs" where we had to get as many dogs in line as possible to earn points. The Changed Man won one of the rounds marginally over The Married Soldier's wife, whom the latter threw a few plastics dogs at the former in jest. Hence the name The Thrower of Plastic Dogs. Hahaha... XD


This was a reflex game about getting the correct dinosaurs with the correct background pictures. Although I was slowed down considerably by medication for my sore throat, my auto-reflexes were actually to my surprise much faster and thus I was the winner in this board game.



The Settlers' Cafe gaming session ended with a delicious brownie cake as a mini-birthday cake for The Married Soldier who insisted on sharing with the rest of us. Compared to the iced coffee and the iced honey drinks, the brownie cake was much tastier. Highly recommended.

Video Performances and Song Recordings:

Ever since Campus Superstars Season 1, I have received occasional videos and audio recordings of songs and performances, which singing enthusiasts have recorded and sent to me, hoping that I can comment on them. I hope I have been providing constructive enough comments for these brave individuals. Although I am definitely not an officiated person to comment on music, but do keep those self-recorded performances and songs coming in and I'll do what I can to help. After all, one of the objectives of this blog is to help people in their singing in whatever little ways it can.

I have read the tagboard comments about posting my own performances up and I will seriously consider doing so - recording audio performances using Youtube so that people can listen to my renditions of songs and have some fun laughing and learning through those as well. However, recent intense work has drained my voicebox and I am still nursing a sore throat (with heavy medication). When I recover, I promise I'll get to work on those audio performances and upload them here.

Updates and Modifications To My Blog:

I have put up more new songs (okay, some of them are not so new at all but nevertheless beautiful songs in my opinion) on my blog's main playlist for the listening pleasure of all the music enthusiasts and kind visitors to my humble blog. I hope everyone likes the new songs and continues to participate constructively and actively on the tagboard or comments section.

Frankly speaking, I do hope that this place will grow and nurture into a place where music lovers can come and share their thoughts and feelings about songs and music-related events.

Here are the new song additions on the main playlist:

01. 飞儿乐团, F.I.R. - 月牙湾
08. 陈伟联 - 火柴天堂
11. 孙燕姿, Stefanie - 雨天
20. 陈绮贞 - 还是会寂寞
24. 陈绮贞 - 旅行的意义
34. 张惠妹, A-Mei - 你是爱我的
35. 王力宏 - 落叶归根
40. 林忆莲, Sandy - 为你我受冷风吹
47. 苏永康, William - Sorry

No comments: