Saturday, October 06, 2007

SPoP Competition, Leg Cramp and A New Beginning

SPoP Competition:

This is actually a songwriter competition held by MediaCorp Singapore where songwriters can submit their song demos for judging and if selected, even get their songs sung by celebrity singers.

You can click on the subtitle above to go to the official website and even listen to the 15 seconds demo clips uploaded by the songwriters. Although the judging is done privately without public opinion, I personally think it's still fun to listen to those clips because one can hear what the songwriters are doing about music.

Yes, admittedly, some of the demo clips did not really use good singers (maybe it's budget, maybe it's availability of good demo singers) but it's even more challenging to try and listen beyond the quality of the singing to find the quality of the song instead. Lyrical content, song tune, song variation come into play instead of singing techniques and quality of voice.

So, for singing enthusiasts who wish to have a look at what these budding songwriters are writing, do take a look!

Leg Cramp In The Middle of The Night:

It's been years since I have a leg (more specifically, calf) cramp and last night, it felt like a grenade has imploded inside my calf. The result - excruciating pain beyond words. I was totally jolted awake by the pain and because it's already 4 a.m. I kept my mouth shut for fear of waking up the whole family and struggled on the bed to stretch the leg out. 15 minutes later, the pain finally subsided and I eased back to sleep. I hate cramps because it drained my sleep and fouled a perfectly good Saturday morning. My calf was still throbbing even as I walked around trying to find breakfast for myself. For emphasis' sake, I hate cramps.

A New Beginning:

Ah, a piece of good news to brighten up the Saturday! I have finally received official word that I am invited to become a trainer for some holiday enrichment programme. This will mean a whole new experience beyond home academic tutoring because I now get to interact with students on an intense programme context. Hopefully, I can bring along whatever skills and experience I have acculmulated over the years to the enrichment programme and do a good job of it.

If everything goes on smoothly, I may become a trainer for such programmes or even camps on a more permanent basis, which means another income source, more experience and hopefully even more interactive and fun learning processes.

Wish me luck! =D

No comments: