Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Movie Review: Resident Evil - Extinction, Funny Videos: 《欠我十块》- 《千里之外》的搞笑版 and Japanese Game Show - Silent Library



Movie Review: Resident Evil - Extinction:

Yesterday evening, I was watching the movie with one of the fanclub supporter, Xiangrui and even though it was my first time watching a Resident Evil movie, it was quite a spectacular movie of sleek zombie-slaying moves and spine-tingling scenes of zombies gouging on hapless human beings.

The movie revolved around the female protagonist, Alice, who seems to have a special type of blood that can be a possible cure for the T-virus, a world-decaying and zombie-creating disease that was rapidly wiping out the rest of the world. Alice is one kind of a heroine, with very dexterous limbs, wielding mean-looking guns and knives, slicing zombie limbs here and blowing zombie brains there. She even possesses a remarkable and very powerful special talent, which makes her the perfect heroine to save the world.

Although I am not exactly a big fan of horror sci-fi movie (the movie is an adaptation of a series of successful computer role-playing games), I really liked the part where Alice helped a convoy of survivors struggling near-death against a throng of flesh-eating and kamikaze crows in the middle of a desert. Her moves were, in a short phrase, jaw-droppingly impressive.

Make sure you have a stomach to watch people and zombies die though because there will be plenty of such scenes, with enough blood splattered to fill a good-sized desert. Well, I was still holding onto my dinner of Japanese ebi and beef after the movie whilst Xiangrui was busy squirming at the scenes of zombies jumping out from the walls. Maybe I have survived movies like The Exorcist and Doom so this movie did not scare the skin out of me but I still enjoyed the action tremendously.

My review:
Story: ***
Action: ****
Direction: ***
Visuals: ****
Overall: ***1/2

《欠我十块》- 《千里之外》的搞笑版


My thanks to Munich for sending this very funny rendition of the song. I decided to share the video with all of you readers because it's really creative. Warning to the younger readers though - it still contains phrases of violence and bloodshed in some of the amended lyrics so take heart.

Japanese Game Show: Silent Library with Ernesto Hoost

The video was posted more than a year ago and has garned over a million hits. I don't know if some of you have already seen this but I suppose really hilarious game shows won't go stale, no matter how much times one has seen them. Warning: Do not try watching this video with a full stomach or you will risk indigestion from laughing too hard. Do not also try doing some of the forfeits or you may risk injuring your friends or yourself. XD

No comments: